Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 10:04 PM

Default Lions draft for next year

Next year the Lions probably will have something like the 10th through the 18th pick in the draft. There is all sorts of [censored] that they need but I think they should do whatever they possibly can to trade up to get #1 and get Matt Leinert. It looks like #1 pick will go to either the 49ers, Texans or Packers. All of them at least at first glance have their qb for the future thing already settled and I think will be willing to trade the #1 pick. I don't know what they would have to give up, maybe this years pick, next year's 1st round and maybe another round. Possibly throw in Charles Rogers. Any chance this could happen?
Old 11-03-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Lions draft for next year

You don't want this to happen. A tenth round pick + first round pick next year is way more valuable than a #1 pick considering the chance of busting and the amount of money you have to pay because it's a first round pick.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:13 PM

I predict they'll draft a wide receiver.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:17 PM

Probably, or something else we don't need like a kicker. Jason Hanson has been the best player we've had since Barry Sanders. That thought makes me sick.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:18 PM

That would not be a wise decision.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:19 PM

ok, what do you think they should do?
Old 11-03-2005, 10:34 PM

I think Reggie Bush will be the #1
Old 11-04-2005, 01:46 AM

Although I love the NFL draft, it is really too early to make any sort of prediction about what could happen. The Lions would have a real difficult time trading up to the first pick, if they fell between the 10th and 18th pick. They would need to give up a lot. Probably something similar to what you said. Look at what Atlanta gave to SD when Atlanta got Vick. I dont remember exactly I remember it was numerous picks, and Tim Dwight. I think Atlanta was the 5th pick in that draft. They gave up a lot to pick Vick. So the Lions would have to give up even more to move up then Atlanta did that year. Also, you need an idea of what players you will be giving up by trading up. Atlanta could have likely gotten LT with the 5th pick. So that would have to weigh in the Lions decision too. Thats why it is really to early to predict.

Also, I would not completely count the Texans out on picking Leinert if they have the first pick. They need so much other help then QB, but I think it was in the Sporting News that some in the organization are unhappy with him.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I predict they'll draft a wide receiver.

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably, or something else we don't need like a kicker. Jason Hanson has been the best player we've had since Barry Sanders. That thought makes me sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how lions fans don't even respond to this as if it were a joke.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I would not completely count the Texans out on picking Leinert if they have the first pick. They need so much other help then QB, but I think it was in the Sporting News that some in the organization are unhappy with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

God this would be stupid. David Carr might not be the greatest QB of all time, but the only QB in the league that might be able to do much better with the Texans offensive line is Michael Vick. I'm a Texans fan, so I watch the games (when I can stomach it), and it is just SICK how little time he has. I guarantee Matt Leinart wouldn't be able to do any better than Carr if the O-line doesn't improve dramatically.

If the Texans end up with the #1, they need to TRADE THE PICK to a team that's desperate for Leinart...get some real value in the O-line (an upgrade at the WR2 spot would also be nice, as would any defensive help that can be found).

If they draft Leinart with the intention of keeping him on the team, they are a bunch of total bozos, IMO.