Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Everyone whiffed right? DOH! c/r

Not enough hands on villain for anything concrete, but he is 45vpip after 15 hands, which means he is probably a donk.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

standard bet

BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds,

Standard fold? I called here and I think I shouldn't have.

Can I throw this away to the c/r every single time? He wouldn't be doing it as a value raise for a flush draw cuz there aren't enough ppl in, so can I very safely assume he has a K?

Only thing that got me thinking was that this is a wa/wb type hand, where him c/r'ing only would get worse hands to fold, but would end up losing more to better hands... Though he's probably not thinking this cuz he's a donk!
Old 09-12-2005, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Everyone whiffed right? DOH! c/r

I see this a lot from pocket pairs or even 3's. I think a call is OK, then re-evaluate on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
he is 45vpip after 15 hands, which means he is probably a donk.

[/ QUOTE ]
This really isn't true...
Old 09-12-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are the odds a TAG got 7 out of 15 playable hands in a row? Possible, but not likely... Hell, I might even bust out the math if you wanna argue it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (j/k)
Old 09-12-2005, 07:14 PM

would it be terribly wrong to re-raise and fold to a cap?
Old 09-12-2005, 07:18 PM

Do you really think he'd c/r here with a K? I see this line from frush draws and little purs all the time.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I hate this line. Me being the pfr, he prob. wouldn't cap with most K's after I 3 bet, fearing I have AK.

But he sure as hell wouldn't fold a K either, so I think this is the worst option.

Am i wrong?
Old 09-12-2005, 07:22 PM

Fold, make a note to watch him, and go on to the next hand.

Edit -- Calling is okay. I don't want to give you more than 4 outs here, and you're getting close to the right price to make a loose call. Don't get past the turn UI unless it's free.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are the odds a TAG got 7 out of 15 playable hands in a row? Possible, but not likely... Hell, I might even bust out the math if you wanna argue it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (j/k)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what made me think of it is, after about 20 hands earlier today, I looked at the little stats thingy and I'd seen about 60% of the flops. On two different tables! So it does happen -- over 15 hands, someone who typically VP$IPs 25% of the time could easily be 45%.

But if you see him do something like showdown an unimproved 94o then, OK, he's a donk. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 07:23 PM

A king never plays like this, but your hand sucks.

Threebet it and continue to put pressure on if you improve on the turn. Otherwise get to showdown as cheaply as possible and expect tto be against a small pp or a flushdraw trying to rep the king.

At the 2/4 levels if you dump this on the flop smart players are going to make a note of that and subsequently make you their bitch
Old 09-12-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I hate this line. Me being the pfr, he prob. wouldn't cap with most K's after I 3 bet, fearing I have AK.

But he sure as hell wouldn't fold a K either, so I think this is the worst option.

Am i wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]Nah I agree, plus folding to a cap is terrible, there is really no point in three betting if you're gonna fold to a cap. I would call, then make a decision on the turn. This is a tough spot without a read.