Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: Call or Fold?
Call 1 11.11%
Fold 8 88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2005, 09:00 PM

Default ND vs Pittsburgh (Sat, Sept. 3rd)

Who do you like?
I got ND. I mean it too (despite what my side note says). I think the offense will be strong with 10 of 11 starters returning and a QB (Brady Quinn) that's going to be solid this year. Pit has been picked over a little with grads and drafted players. Plus they too have a first year coach.
GO IRISH!

side note: I'm the self-proclaimed world's biggest ND football fan. I'm going to pick them to win every game this year.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:17 PM

Default Re: ND vs Pittsburgh (Sat, Sept. 3rd)

I got to pick Pitt...

It's really going to come down to what kind of a game it is. Pitt won't win another shootout like they did @ South Bend last year. If they can keep the scoring down, I like my Panthers.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:50 PM

GO IRISH!!! favorite College football team, and they have the same mascot as my High School.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:10 AM

I don't know but I'll be drunk as hell psuedocheering for pitt.

Iggy, is it easy to get alcohol in there? Do they check your drinks at all? Our plan is to take rum and vodka in water bottles or just make some mixed drinks ahead of time and bring those in.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know but I'll be drunk as hell psuedocheering for pitt.

Iggy, is it easy to get alcohol in there? Do they check your drinks at all? Our plan is to take rum and vodka in water bottles or just make some mixed drinks ahead of time and bring those in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't even try to get anything in the stadium... it's a sure way to get arrested. They are giving full patdowns this year and they'll find it easily.

The game is at night though so you have plenty of time to tailgate beforehand. I don't know if you're underage, but if you are, stick to the student lot and stay in a group. Even if you have to piss, go the broad route and take a group or leave your beer. I have many friends who got nailed with underaged when they were walking around by themself.

Also, because of the full patdowns and the fact that you got to walk all the way to Gate A to get in, plan on leaving the lot for the stadium early. I'm talking probably 2 hours, or else you're going to get a really crappy seat and be waiting in a long ass line just to get into the stadium.

Sadly, I don't have tickets this year. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I'll be tailgating somewhere and then just go over HiTops for the game.