Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Best Poker Mouse

I would like people's opinions on the best/most comfortable mouse on the planet for those of us who play lots and lots of poker. I use this crappy Targus wireless thing and it makes my hand hurt after using it for extended periods of time. Is there one mouse that everyone considers the best and most comfortable? Thanks in advance!
Old 08-29-2005, 01:57 PM
 is offline

Default Re: Best Poker Mouse

I use Logitech MX1000, and couldn`t be happier. Very good ergonomics if you are right-handed, and no need to change batteries as it comes with a docking station.

Only downside is that it is a bit heavy, but you`ll get used to it.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:14 PM

Thanks for the input Lars. I was checking that out at the Logitech website, and also noticed the Logitech G7 laser mouse as well as the MX 900. Are either of these also worth taking a look at?
Old 08-29-2005, 02:17 PM

I think lots of folk swear by the logitech MX lazer. Super fast tracking with it if you set your mouse options that way - I do.

I have a few different mice and its the best.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:20 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the input Lars. I was checking that out at the Logitech website, and also noticed the Logitech G7 laser mouse as well as the MX 900. Are either of these also worth taking a look at?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven`t tried the G7 yet, but I have tried MX900 and I don`t like it that much. Mostly because of the feel, but that`s very individual, so it might fit you just fine. It`s the same as MX700, only with bluetooth, so you might try that one (MX 700). You can probably find that one at a discount since it has been discontinued.

Good luck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I use Logitech MX1000, and couldn`t be happier.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it's official name is "Pimpmouse".
Old 08-29-2005, 05:14 PM

I use a MX1000 and I'm happy with it. I was at a computer gaming convention few weeks ago and got to use the Razer Diamondback.

It's marketed towards hardcore computer gamers (the kind that play games like quake, doom, and halflife.) It was a really nice mouse - it felt like it was floating. It uses laser tech like the MX1000. One disadvantage compared to the MX1000 is that it has a cord. Also, it's not supposed to be out for another month or something.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:20 PM

You know, I see all these ppl saying how great the MX1000 is and I totally disagree.

Bought it a while back and disliked it to the point of returning it. I don't know if i'm just special or something, but there is DEFINATELY a small amount of lag noticable, not enough to totally screw you up, just enough to be annoying though.

I also didn't like the feel of it, didn't fit my hand as perfectly as everyone says.

After returning it I tried a Kensington Optical Elite and love it, no lag, fits hand perfectly.

my 2 cents
Old 08-29-2005, 05:24 PM

If you're going to get a MX1000, you might want to hit up Amazon before the end of the month. It usually sells for $80. Amazon has a 15% discount, knocking the price down to $68. And there's a Logitech $20 rebate that's good if the purchase is made by August 31, for a total of $48. Plus you get free shipping.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:27 PM

I love my gyration ultra. It's a wireless optical mouse with built in sensors that allow you to pick it up off your desk and use it in the air (it takes a little getting used to, but it can be a real lifesaver if you spend a lot of time at the computer and get wrist pain...it's also cool to lean back and put your feet up while multitabling). It's a bit expensive but I thought it was worth the price...battery life is usually upwards of 6-8+ hours on a full charge (varies depending on how much you use it, obviously).

J