Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 03:22 AM

Default Re: Let\'s talk bowling for a minute.

i got really pissed when i first tried that. which made me think i should stick with bowling bowling.

Old 08-09-2005, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never liked or trusted Brunswick and the Infernos I've thrown didn't suit me. They were a big fad around here for a month or so, then a lot of people complained that the ball just died on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I'm surprised. You are looking for something that really gets down the lane I think an Absolute would work nice for you. The drilling depends a ton of course. If they aren't drilled for you it can make a huge difference.

I had an original Inferno that lasted forever. I resurfaced it 3 times before I finally had to retire it. I bet I put 500-600 games on it. I have a blank one in my car that I can't wait to punch. I know that the Particle one did die a little too early. If you just take care of any dull ball you can get more life out of it. People are lazy and then complain balls die early. CLEAN IT!!

I dislike Particle balls myself and I have very little hand. They roll to early and don't carry very well for me. I did shoot 800 with an HPD back in the day though. I just mentioed the U-Turn particle cause thats the one I heard about.

I threw that new Columbia ball (the real expensive one) the other day (Wolfe had one) and I couldn't wrinkle it. He said he liked it but some big crankers aren't gonna be able to stand left and throw right so you might not want that one.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:44 PM

Sup buddy...

I picked up the new Storm Fired Up early this summer. Great ball for synthetic lanes if you have those by you. I throw the ball pretty hard, but it holds its own and finds backend basically no matter what.

I prefer this greatly to the Vertigo. I dumped my Vertigo and Nemesis that I have been using. Definitely, definitely, check this ball out.