Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 07-19-2005, 04:07 AM

Default How bad was I here?

Absolute Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds.

Think I gave myself too many outs on the flop?

Turn: (4.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 07-19-2005, 04:12 AM

Default Re: How bad was I here?

i would had raised preflop, bet out on the flop, bet the turn call the raise. bet the river and re-raise the river unless i had a read that says different.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:12 AM

Raise preflop please.

If you're going to continue with this hand, raise the flop. You want to clear out overcard outs and try and buy the button (which you should have done with your preflop raise). I don't think calling is good here.

The turn looks fine. You don't really know what CO has.

3-bet the river, call a cap. He could have a lower two pair here or even a naked K.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop please.

If you're going to continue with this hand, raise the flop. You want to clear out overcard outs and try and buy the button (which you should have done with your preflop raise).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I see it now. I've really been working on buying the button but totally spaced it here.

Also, I wasn't sure to raise this hand after a couple limpers. I'll get it fixed.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:18 AM

TURN: Got a pfr stat on CO? Would he raise KQ pf? If so your Jack is the better kicker because he didn't raise preflop so 3 bet the turn. AK is unlikely also because CO's didn't raise pf.

RIVER: 3 bet.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:22 AM

People often limp with hands like 87 so on the flop you are often (well, reasonable often) up against two pair. Hard to say if your overcards are good here but you have a backdoor flush. Peel one off. You should raise preflop though. With a raised pot you should definetely call, probably raise for a free card.
Turn bet is obvious.
River: I think it's a good CR opportunity. He will probably bet if you check. It's a matter of if you believe your hand is good enough to bet and 3-bet a raise, and if you think he will raise your bet.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TURN: Got a pfr stat on CO? Would he raise KQ pf? If so your Jack is the better kicker because he didn't raise preflop so 3 bet the turn. AK is unlikely also because CO's didn't raise pf.

RIVER: 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, he was unkown.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:37 AM

Raise preflop.

With all those guys behind you on the flop you should either raise or fold. Both work, depending on reads.

Turn is fine, check-raise the river and call a 3-bet.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:59 AM

Preflop: I'd raise this hand preflop. You have decent position, but that button sure would be nice. Your hand also plays decently well in a multiway pot.

Flop: Alright, so you just limped. In a pretty small pot (because you didn't raise preflop [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) with just a couple of overs and a backdoor flush draw and several players to act behind you, I think you have to fold this. Although that ragged board is tempting to peel, I don't see a call here.

Turn: Alright, so you called. Well, we figured the K to be an out (or a half-out), so you should go ahead and bet that. Looks like MP1 might've just been stabbing with some ace-high something or other. CO raises you, so you should be thinking about reverse domination at this point. Honestly, the pot still isn't that big (only 7.5 BB), and if you think you're behind, there's a clear fold here. In the heat of battle, I would probably just call at this point, hoping to improve, but likely check/calling any river unimproved. I don't think 3-betting will do anything but give you a free showdown, or get the betting capped, which basically commits you to a showdown.

River: Alright, so you improved. I think the river line is okay, but I like 3-betting a little more. You're getting action from a junk K or a worse two-pair pretty often here, given that you haven't shown much aggression. A read on the CO would be nice, but reraising him is good, I think.

Recapping: Raise preflop.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:42 AM

First of all I'm a noob 1K in hands so I could be totally wrong.

If you raise pre flop you may knock out some players however if you only call at that limit people w A high will limp in as they always do. I recommend you raise here pre flop you have a real hand and so calling this raise is where most low limit players will go wrong hence making you richer when you make your hand.

Flop is a fine bet but I would fold if there is a raise. Someone could of caught 2 pair.

Bet/call the river as your kicker isn't bad but at this level a K 8 is a possible hand.

Check raise the hell out of the river the only peopele that would beat you are those holding a pocket pair in which case the flop would of been raised.

the raiser on the turn will bet into you if you check.

How did my play go?

Cheers