Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 04:27 PM

Default amazing conversation at 20/40 live table

I normally don't play live poker too much but I wanted to get out of the house last night so I decided to play for a couple hours. You don't need many details of the hand. You just need to know the following. MP1 calls, the cutoff calls, the button raises with K9 offsuit. The button ends up winning the hand and another player comments on the fact that she raised with K9 offuit and her response was "I was just trying to steal the blinds". huh? And she wasn't even the worst player at the table. I'm thinking I should play live more often. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: amazing conversation at 20/40 live table

Raising on the button after a few limpers that have shown weakness without a premium hand?!? Blasphemy.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:00 PM

the obvious point is how can you steal the blinds when 2 people have already called??
Old 07-13-2005, 06:02 PM

Because they just limped in and are likely weak. You steal the blinds and the limps. I do it all the time.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:25 PM

good luck trying to steal from 4 calling stations.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:33 PM

You didn't say that they were calling stations in the OP.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:09 PM

i realize that. but my whole point was that i was amazed at how soft the table was considering it was 20/40. rarely, was there not a show down. in fact, i would like to know how many people have considered giving up the opportunity to multi-table online to play live because the games are that much softer. there were probably 3-4 average players and 3-4 terrible players. i didn't see anyone that i would classify as tight-aggressive. i saw a girl bet out the flop with a flush draw and then fold to one more bet when someone raised. (atleast she claimed to have a flush draw and seemed genuinely dissapointed when her flush would have hit on the river. another person check-raised with the absolute nuts and then only called when he was reraised. those were just a few examples that stood out. honestly, i had pretty bad cards all night. granted i only played for about 3 hours. maybe a hundred hands. i mostly folded. i was still able to win about $350 even though i only won 4 hands. and even though 2 different people commented about how i never played a hand. 3 of the hands that i won, i raised before the flop, and bet all the way and people still called all the way down. it is irritating when someone not even in the hand comments about me playing extremely tight while the hand is still in progress but i guess it doesn't matter if they are going to call anyways.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:43 PM

not to be rude, but no one cares.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:03 PM

Yes. I think if you want to be a good player you have to pull this move on routine.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:19 PM

hey didnt you use to be a moderator? what happened?