Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 02:37 AM

Default win rate by day of the week - 25k hands

25k hands total. All but about 2k of these are at 25NL. Wednesday and Thursday are only about 2.5k hands, rest are all close to 4k.

A very clear distinction between weekday and weekend win rates. If you count Thursday as a weekend, i'm basically braking even during the week and making a killing on the weekends.

Anyone else see a real uneven distribution like this? I know when you break them into 7 days this isn't enough hands to do a serious comparison, but the difference is pretty dramatic.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:00 AM

Default Re: win rate by day of the week - 25k hands

no, actually. in my last 75,000 hands there isn't anything to suggest i'm any more successful on the weekends.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:06 AM

I think that these numbers reveal an obvious trend that most of us know about, but are nowhere near to being statistically 'deep' enough to actually be able to state how dramatically the numbers shift from day to day. Keep up the good work, maybe you should find some barber friends to drink with on Monday afternoons.

There are a few definite crests in the donkosity of online play. Being able to identify stereotypical players that show up at such specific times is key.

-kyo
Old 07-10-2005, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no, actually. in my last 75,000 hands there isn't anything to suggest i'm any more successful on the weekends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you an alcoholic?

Maybe you should go hang out with your friends on the weekends to relax. The play is significantly worse on most larger sites.

-kyo
Old 07-10-2005, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you an alcoholic?

Maybe you should go hang out with your friends on the weekends to relax. The play is significantly worse on most larger sites.

-kyo

[/ QUOTE ]

or maybe during the week i'm more likely to play at peak times than i am on the weekend, when i typically play more because of my belief that the games are better.

we have sample size problems here because we're really breaking it up.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe you should find some barber friends to drink with on Monday afternoons.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i can't beat the monday afternoon 0.25 NL crowd i have bigger problems than who to drink with. This graph is the only reason i haven't fully moved up to the next level yet.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:26 PM

I don't notice this pattern. Sunday and monday are my biggest days, while saturday is a losing day overall (wow).

I just noticed we can see our standard deviation using this window, awesome [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]