Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 06:03 PM

Default I don\'t like alot of this...

The baddie is TAG 16/8/3.5 over many, he would have no reads on me yet. Just wanna make sure I played this as wrong as I think.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero...
Old 06-10-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: I don\'t like alot of this...

I don't think theres anything wrong with the flop checkraise as CO will often bet without the K when checked to. Since he 3-betted I'd checkcall the turn and fold the river UI.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:09 PM

i either check call or check raise here...although, we're not sure that the CO didn't buy himself a free card and hero will check and not get another option...

that's a good situation too, a free look isn't bad for hero.

am i the only one who considers a check-raise here? i tend to get too aggressive sometimes.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:15 PM

you've got to give this up after he 3-bets you, there is no hand that you beat in this situation.

Having said that Ac4c does spring to mind, but [censored] it wait for a better spot.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:17 PM

You just picked up a ton of outs. Check call the turn. What's so tricky?
Old 06-10-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you've got to give this up after he 3-bets you, there is no hand that you beat in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting 11:1 with top pair and a couple of backdoor draws, folding to the 3-bet would be wrong.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:19 PM

Preflop I like. You have an easy complete here.

The flop check looks okay to me. You want to see where the action is coming from, and you can safely fold if the action is bet and raised in front of you. Check-raising the CO's bet looks good as he will likely bet a lot of flops here. Because of the low cards on board, I think he will bet 44 and up, clubs, and some Axs hands, all of which you beat. When he 3-bets you, I think you should call. If he has a club draw, he make take a free card on the turn. That's not great for you, but you can check-call the river, hoping to induce a bluff from a busted draw.

Having picked up an OESD to go with top pair, I think you should check-call here. You risk giving a free card to a club, but your hand is not strong enough to bet out. I'd check-call the river UI, and check-raise if an A or 6 comes.

A bluff check-raise might be worth considering if he bets the turn and the river card is a third club, though I don't know that it works enough to be profitable. It's something to consider...you need to know whether his 3.5 AF is due to making some tough folds as well.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:19 PM

He's 3 betting for a free card! Don't let him get away with it. Fold to any club on river and just check/call the turn in the highly unlikely event that he has King/better kicker.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I"m sorry, I saw one more spade than there was. Reall,y I'm sorry.

As is, let's say you have 7 outs--4 aces, 3 5's--the turn is still a call. Don't call a river bet u/i.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I"m sorry, I saw one more spade than there was. Reall,y I'm sorry.

As is, let's say you have 7 outs--4 aces, 3 5's--the turn is still a call. Don't call a river bet u/i.

[/ QUOTE ]

plus 3 6's, no?