Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 09:11 PM

Default who likes?

PFR is classic 17/9/2 TAG other players are goofballs 40+ VPIP low pfr AF 1 or less.
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds.

River: (8.16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 10.16 BB
Old 06-08-2005, 09:17 PM

Default Re: who likes?

I fold preflop.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:22 PM

Ok noted, suited hand that connects weakly, biggish pot against one Tight Aggresive (not sure if he/she is good though) and two people who love to call.

What about post flop?
Old 06-08-2005, 09:22 PM

I like it, I think...I'm undecided on the river bet. I don't know how many worse hands call here, but I'm finding a Q to be an unlikely holding given the lack of aggression, in which case...

Preflop call is pretty standard, or should be. I really need to loosen up and call these things, my VPIP from the BB is insanely low.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:24 PM

Go Blue (I can't believe I am watching softball on TV
Old 06-08-2005, 09:24 PM

i think i would be more inclined to check/call the turn and then lead the river depending on how the turn action went...i think a lead on the river is more likely to get called by AK/AJ if you are HU then if you lead the turn and river...
Old 06-08-2005, 09:32 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
who likes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not me. Preflop is a fold for me (some people will play any 2 suited against a raise with 3 opponents, but I'm a bit more selective), and the river bet is weird -- what better hand is folding and what worse hand is calling? Will he call with AK here?
Old 06-08-2005, 10:10 PM

I went away to go get Arby's mmm... good. Horseradish = awesome. I see now river bet sucks ass, should be a check. to be honest i think he would call with 33 44 or 55 but the number of other hands that he would call with that beat me are a lot more than those few hands. How about the turn bet? I pick up outs if it is not the case, I had a feeling that most of the time I was ahead of the pfr. Perhaps I am getting him to fold a 88 99 or TT or something like that. I dunno, what do you guys think?
Old 06-08-2005, 10:35 PM

I like the turn bet in that, if you are ahead, you don't give him a free card. OTOH, if you are ahead, he's drawing to around 4 outs or so, so it's not a total disaster. You do have other opponents with live outs you'd like to fold though, and I think this donkbet (is this a donkbet?) might do the trick. As for folding better hands, probably not often, if you run into a weak-tight villain maybe, but it's a nice bonus. In any event, I don't think you're going to be raised by worse hands very often, so you can fold UI on the river.

What I'd really like are some runs and an end to the game so I can go running already.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:42 PM

me!