Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Re: Its official, PV is now for sale

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I also have Pokeroffice, so I sometimes use that for it's live features.

[/ QUOTE ]

Email I got from party when I asked them about pokeroffice:

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically from what that Email says, PV wouldn't be allowed either? Wander what happens if we spent $50 on PV then party cracks down on it in a couple months and it can no longer be used..
Old 05-03-2005, 12:51 AM

I don't use PV because I am extremely arrogant and think I can 35-table without it. However, from what I've seen, the program is easily worth $50. And I agree that Pat has underpriced Pokertracker, even though there are lots of things I would like to see improved there.

-Michael
Old 05-03-2005, 12:54 AM

why is PV worth $50 when GT+ is free and does the same thing?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't use PV because I am extremely arrogant and think I can 35-table without it. However, from what I've seen, the program is easily worth $50. And I agree that Pat has underpriced Pokertracker, even though there are lots of things I would like to see improved there.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-03-2005, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wander what happens if we spent $50 on PV then party cracks down on it in a couple months and it can no longer be used..

[/ QUOTE ]

You get a couple months use of +EV software?

The only thing party is concerned about is AI software, but the reps don't know the difference. The chances of party going after PV and GT+ are close to nil, the chances of them going after PokerTracker are less than nil. I'm not sure exactly what poker office is, but assuming it has the same functionality as poker tracker they are also safe.

J
Old 05-03-2005, 02:43 AM

Overpriced. 25 would be reasonable
Old 05-03-2005, 02:56 AM

I personally would have no problem throwing them some money since I use PV and personally like it a lot more than GT+. It's a loyalty thing... one might not be better than the other, but I first used PV and for that reason I frown on GT+.

Let's be honest here though... while I love PV, it seems like the thing always has flaws. I ignored these flaws which I could have a long post describing all the issues I've had with PV.

For $50 though, I cannot ignore those flaws anymore. Sorry Amir, you just lost a fanboy.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:19 AM

Playerview has a lot of bugs, but for mulitabling it's FAR superior to gametime. You don't have to waste time setting up playerview, and you don't have those irritating nametags taking up a lot of vieiwing space. Also, it's much easier (possible?) to choose what stats you want to see.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:44 AM

Sometimes I read a post and am frankly confused.

It looks to me like many have not seen the version of PlayerView that is for sale. There really isn’t any comparison to it and the version most people I would assume are still playing on. There are even vast differences between it and the most recent beta versions that were made available.

The two most salient points in this entire thread are:

Poker Tracker is way underpriced.

PlayerView is also way underpriced.

Because I am an accountant by background, I always look at things analytically. So for the sake of argument, lets assume that I am a $3/$6 player that plays 1000 hands a week. Lets further assume that both PlayerView and GameTime help my results. But that added features in PV that are not in GameTime allow me to make 1 better decision per 100 games that earns me $1 each time. Based on this . . . PlayerView is worth $520 a year to me.

Based on the limits that I play and the # of hands, the above analysis is more like $25,000 a year to me.

You can argue the numbers with me all day. But you won’t prove that there is less than $50 of value in PlayerView or that the added features in PlayerView over GameTime are not relevant.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:00 AM

I think it is smart to start charging now, especially since GT+ doesn't support SnGs yet. Might get quite a few purchases out of that.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks to me like many have not seen the version of PlayerView that is for sale. There really isn’t any comparison to it and the version most people I would assume are still playing on. There are even vast differences between it and the most recent beta versions that were made available.

[/ QUOTE ]

Such as...? I'm using 3.62 that came out like 10 or so days ago. How much better could it have gotten in that time?

As it currently works on my machine I'd pay about $20 for it.

I would of said $25 had it not repeatedly crashed all my party ckin lcients like 3 times this week.

I think I'll be checking out GT+ again