Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 01:44 AM

Default KQo: Did I over play turn

Just curious how othere would play each street.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

River: (12.16 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 20.16 BB
Old 03-25-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: KQo: Did I over play turn

i'm not sure if i'd cap the turn, but i suck at blind defense situations so my opinion isn't the best. i'd post this in HUSH.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:57 AM

What does BB represent when they 3-bet with a flush AND high pair on the board?
Old 03-25-2005, 01:57 AM

I think it's important to know how villian plays out of the BB. Is he big on defending his blinds, does he just put the throttle to the floor when he is? Against an unknown i play it the same and hope to see AA.

gus
Old 03-25-2005, 02:01 AM

I've been running a bit cold recently so my advice may be a little on the weak side. Also you post is a little light on reads so I'm kind of in the dark as to what kind of player this is--something that is very important in a HU blind steal situation.

I'd prob just call his 3-bet on the turn but I think capping is fine too since its a blind steal situation. AA, KK, AQ, and 88 seem like the only possible hands that beat you at this point--I'm not seeing a 83 or a 33 3-betting preflop. You could be aiming for a split with a KQ but assuming he's reasonable I don't seem him betting this way with much you beat. JJ or TT maybe... This may be weak but thats because of the sheer number number of times I've lost several bets telling myself "He couldn't have flopped a flush" or "Oh I'm sure its not AQ."

Rest looks fine to me. I'd also cap the river--I'll just have to payoff KK i guess. I assume that is what happened or you prob wouldn't be posting this? I guess if you wanted to be real weak you could just call the river 3-bet but I can't really see myself doing that ever.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:05 AM

My reads: I have none on BB yet.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd prob just call his 3-bet on the turn but I think capping is fine too since its a blind steal situation. AA, KK, AQ, and 88 seem like the only possible hands that beat you at this point--I'm not seeing a 83 or a 33 3-betting preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

33 is very likely to 3-bet as it may well be the best hand.

I just realized that Hero has a flush redraw as well...
Old 03-25-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd post this in HUSH.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm new here. Are we to post our heads up hands in HUSH, even if they come from a 9-handed game?
Old 03-25-2005, 02:10 AM

Um, the other Q. AA with the Ad. Made flush. A full house. That's all i can think of.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:11 AM

blind defense situations are pretty much 3 way or heads up, so it depends. you get good responses in either forum, but the HUSH heads might like this one.