Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2005, 04:17 AM

Default Re: Did Mat just kill that thread?

You may be able to repost everything if you just eliminated all of the posters names.

rJ
Old 03-12-2005, 04:18 AM

AAmazon's post was one of the best, and JHE's was one of the best on the other side.

Lori
Old 03-12-2005, 04:37 AM

I was the original poster in "that thread" LOL & I asked Mat to intervene:

It was stupid of me not to have edited out my affiliate's name before posting a copy his email notification. After realizing that he was getting a bum rap from people taking advantage of the situation, I asked Mat to edit out his name.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:44 AM

Does Mat understand that just because a thread contains spam, that it may be a useful thread with a ton of good content?

Is he just too lazy to go through it for the spam, so he instead kills the whole thread?

Sometimes he just goes to far.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AAmazon's post was one of the best, and JHE's was one of the best on the other side.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Lori. I wish that I had kept a copy of it; I never even got to see any of the replies.

I believe that it would have been far preferable to delete any inappropriate posts and/or edit out anything considered spam than to kill the whole discussion. This is the first time one of my posts has been deleted and I am quite disappointed.

Shauna
Old 03-12-2005, 06:35 AM

this is hard to post without saying too much but I dont think any of the affiliates that posted did it to advertise they were affiliates. They all had some good points and nothing should have been deleted at all. I dont know why matt is being so anal and deleting good threads that obviously belong in the zoo.
Old 03-12-2005, 06:40 AM

the main problem with the thread, as i saw it, was that certain people were responding saying 'i am an affiliate and i was paid'. this could be looked at as advertising...
Old 03-12-2005, 06:57 AM

agreed, but they were challenging the posters original post. Well some were anyways. Some went alittle too far.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:53 AM

I really hope this gets reposted somehow. I played online about a year and a half ago..got killed. I have been playing live as possible since. I am getting ready to launch back into online as I am retiring in 2 months.

Some questions I have still not had answered on my own I will throw in here.

Why do some say rakeback is illegal or unethical. I thought sites were trying to promote business with discounts like B&M's do with comping.

Why do some say rakeback should disappear? Do you feel it is hurting the games?

I am neither pro nor anti rakeback because I do not have enough knowledge, but if I am going to play online and have a chance to make some extra ( or lose less [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] ) I would like to avail myself of this if it doesn't involve a risk of prison time ( they won't take me alive however [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]).

So, this info from the deleted thread sounds like exactly what I have been looking for and therefore probably some others ( I'm not THAT different).

Thanks to anybody instrumemtal in getting the info back up. I would have never missed in in the first place but was outta town to see Elvis Costello at the beautiful TN Theatre in Knoxville ( not advertising, beautiful place).
Old 03-12-2005, 10:54 AM

Oh no... twoplustwo supressing good ideas and thoughts. GRRRRRRRR