Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 02-25-2005, 10:11 AM

Default Re: 25-50 commerce.....interesting decisions on all streets.

On first glance I figured dekniff for T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] , A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] , A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], etc. With less action the extra 5 outs for 2pair or open trips seem live but he must realize those are useless by the turn. He is forced to play the hand fairly obviously and therefore can't think he has much in the way of implied odds. Also, two of his outs pair the board. So he is sitting there with little implied and what seems like 7 outs to the second nut. Maybe I'm just made weak and scared by these stakes, but I think about folding this in his position.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:19 PM

What a fish I am. After the flop action no way I put anyone on 34, maybe 34 hearts; nor do I think anyone has a hand better than mine. If I had checked the turn, I checkraise all in. I probably wouldn't have checked the turn though.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: 25-50 results

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
btw how are the 5-10 and 10-20ish games there usually.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think all the games smaller than 10-20 are capped crap games. The 10-20 NL is the best game in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

referencing the NL games exclusively? surely the limit Hold 'Em games can be included in that description as well
Old 02-25-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

After the flop action no way I put anyone on 34, maybe 34 hearts

[/ QUOTE ]

3h 4h is the only 34 combination the MP player could have held. It is completely impossible to put a solid player on 3 4 in general.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: 25-50 results

[ QUOTE ]
btw how are the 5-10 and 10-20ish games there usually.

ill bet out there sometime in the next few months.

[/ QUOTE ]

as diablo said the 10-20 NL at the commerce is one of the best games i've ever sat in.

also PM me before you come out and i'll meet up with you at commerce and give you a heads up as to the players to watch out for.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MP played it poorly. If he overbets the pot on the turn the button folds and now you have to make a decision. Would you call or lay it down if you really thought he had a small straight. But with the way the hand played if you bet 2000 or 2500 I think it would had been hard for him not to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

had MP made a strong move on the turn and gotten the button out i would have had a very tough decison.
i honestly am not sure what i would have done, although vs. that particular player i think i would have leaned towards folding.