Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2004, 01:10 AM

Default Getting Crazy with Q-10s

My reads are the table is playing way loose, with a passive nature. I played each street with a purpose, but think I still may not have gotton it right. Is playing the flop and turn this way just crazy???

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds.

River: (9.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets...
Old 11-25-2004, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Getting Crazy with Q-10s

Whats the purpose of check calling this flop? I thought you may have been going for a check raise, but personally I'd be betting this flop. I'd lead the turn as well and depending on the action, fold to too much aggression. There's no way Im leading the river...
Old 11-25-2004, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Getting Crazy with Q-10s

I'd bet out on the flop, hoping to get raised. Check-calling is the worst option other than folding. Then lead the turn.

NT