Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-23-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Overplayed JJ? FullTilt 16K ($24+2)

The same hand happened to me the other day when the villain had AQs against my jacks and my jacks held up. This is NOT always Aces and Kings. I have to agree with Ansky, you shouldn't fold this, it is burning money.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:16 PM

Without any reads I don't know that you can give him a "standard" AA/KK line. I agree with Ansky, we are in good shape against his likely range of hands and a call is in order.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:00 PM

Thanks for all of the replies. I think the key in this hand was the lack of reads and pot odds. I agree that there's no way I can put Villian on exactly AA/KK. Even if Villian's range is KK+/AK then it's still profitable. For the sake of argument though I'm not convinced that Villian's range is much wider than this often enough to call if I was getting worse odds (say 1.4:1). I'd have to know that Villian was a donk who played TT and AQ like monsters.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:20 PM

almost everytime im up against a limp raise of all in from 1st or second postion it's aa kk. it's tough to fold jj. but you still had bb to act behind you. you are in the middle of a squeeze play. what if bb reraised all in. I dont like the situation for jacks