Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-20-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: 20/40 hand. I don\'t know about this one.

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is bad to call with a small pocket pair in the small blind with a raise and one caller as well, for what it is worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call with both pairs and Axs when raise is from a good guy in CO, coldcaller inst good and BB isnt LAG. Odds are ok and domination is not that big problem with Ax when CO stealraises and loose player coldcalls on button.

If I had a pocketpair in SB and it was 2nd pair I would often bet out on this dry flop. What will good player do with 1 overcard, which is most likely holding? Its very hard for him to convince himself Im bluffing. And if good player raises its because he is going for a freecard, or because he is hit by pair so if he bets turn I can fold and if he doesnt I can often bet river. We will probably get a call from one of the loose players, but its normally pretty ok and if it isnt, if they are hit or got a great draw somehow, well, they would have called whatever we do on flop.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet. If SB checkraises don't forget to raise a K turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

does that ever actually work?
Old 12-20-2005, 04:34 PM

it works if you do it sparingly
Old 12-20-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
super-duper-famous 2+2'er that seems to play pretty tight and that just sat down calls in the SB

[/ QUOTE ]
Meaning we not only fear a second pair, we should also be very concerned that he has top pair. KQ/QJ/QT make really good "just call" hands in this situation.

I think checkcalling the flop is a good idea. Getting the free card is pretty profitable and I doubt we can do better by betting. OTOH, if Button bets I think it's really cool that someone else volunteered to touch the downed power line instead of me.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OTOH, if Button bets I think it's really cool that someone else volunteered to touch the downed power line instead of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Extremely well put. That's exactly how I felt, and as I said, felt that if there was a checkraise or whatnot that yay, I saved a bet!

Once those two folded, it was back to war . . . a questionable line in and of itself, but checkraising there just seemed better than calling down or trying to checkraise the turn. Not sure why (at least in the case of the latter).