Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 12-18-2005, 07:56 AM

Default Re: AA double suited that misses

[ QUOTE ]
I pot every street in this hand at low limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

awful play, even a donkey could've been dealt a deuce here the fact that the stakes are low for omaha doesn't really change much for this situation.

what hands would you put him on if he called your flop and turn bet?

saying you'll pot in the dark off the flop is madness in omaha in almost every situation. You're usually just asking for someone to check/call you for all your cash
Old 12-18-2005, 08:19 AM

I have found that in low limit omaha a pot bet pre flop screams AAxx. So when I see a flop like this I will bet out against the AAxx player and more times then not the AAxx will fold.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I pot every street in this hand at low limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

awful play, even a donkey could've been dealt a deuce here the fact that the stakes are low for omaha doesn't really change much for this situation.

what hands would you put him on if he called your flop and turn bet?

saying you'll pot in the dark off the flop is madness in omaha in almost every situation. You're usually just asking for someone to check/call you for all your cash

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're raising AAxx I can't think of many flop (that don't contain an A) that I'd prefer to see.
Do you raise your AAxx hands preflop and check/fold when you miss on boards like this?
If it's checked to me on this flop I continuation pot bet every time. The Original Poster doesn't say what the limpers do on the flop so I'm assuming they check.

Are you serious that you check behind the limpers on a flop like that?

If the flop continuation bet is called in one spot it still doesn't mean Villain has a 2, a hand like 3457 would call there. It's the low limits remember. A hand like KKJT would call occasionally too.
If your flop cont bet gets raised it still doesn't mean Villain has a two. Could be just someone trying to bluff you off a suspected AAxx.

Let's say you get 1 caller and the turn now gives you the nut flush draw. You've now got outs to beat a non-boated two if Villain actually has a two. Some times you will loose your stack against TT or 2xxx that boats up along the way or some other hand.
Some times you hit your flush against A2xx and get paid.

So imo aggression on every street is the best way to go.

In this particular hand, checking behind on the river is obvious.