Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 12-12-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Specific Player at PLO8 25 on Party

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have several thousand hands on him. He does well at $25. He will raise good hands pre flop out of position. From button and 1 back he will pot marginal starting hands pre flop trying to run other marginals out. When he does this from the button I would only call with a strong starting hand because you never know if he's doing it with a marginal or strong hand. If you hit the flop, check it to him and he will bet for you. If you miss the flop you probably have to fold like any other time, if you test him after you miss you will lose chips against him. Not sure if I should be telling all this about him. Sorta new to the forum, don't know what is acceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems about right to me, although I have him as a small loser in my PTO db (-1 or -2 ptobb/100).

[/ QUOTE ]

I have him as barely above breakeven, and I have a large number of hands on him from datamining. LeeLoo exactly how do you define your statement "he does well?"
Old 12-13-2005, 02:40 AM

I have right at 11,000 hands on him (stopped mining $25 tables) as a winner doing 11.14BB/100. Have not seen him at the $50 or $100 tables except once for 10 hands. When I played the $25 tables against him he tried to run the table, not as bad as what "thepounder1" does on the $200 tables tho.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:10 AM

Below is a cut and paste of my notes. Up until a month ago he had two modes, tilting and normal. Tilting is 50/30/2ish, non tiliting is 30/2/1ish. Recently he's started raising a greater number of hands (see my notes below). There is a method to his preflop madness, and I find him a solid preflop player. Postflop his judgement is flawed, and has difficulty laying down a hand. If he hits some part of the flop or a draw, he pots and often (re)raises. He will go to the felt on low draw. I play back at him with low draw + middle pair or greater, fold anything else. Using this very simple strategy, he's my single most profitable $25PL opponent in PT.

-----------
34/9/1.4
p any good A2 + high cards, e.g. AKT2, AK42 or any A23, A34, or AA+ 1 low card
l mostly standard cards, some variations like AT54, A397

two modes, tilt and regular, obvious when tilting. ok player when not tilting, and can be pushed off a hand. bets hard when he thinks he has the best hand, but postflop hand reading is not great. Will go to the felt with a mediocre but seemingly good hand against strong action (like low + top pair). Play back hard with any decent holding.
------------

BTW, be sure to say 'always a pleasure amour' when you take a pot off him. It drives him nuts and brings on instant tilt. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, be sure to say 'always a pleasure amour' when you take a pot off him. It drives him nuts and brings on instant tilt. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is so cold! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2005, 07:53 PM

These notes are dead on. I used to think he did the tilt thing as a calculated move like the "Crazy Ivan" from The Hunt For Red October-- because he would often be apparently tilting on one table, and playing his normal game on another.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These notes are dead on. I used to think he did the tilt thing as a calculated move like the "Crazy Ivan" from The Hunt For Red October-- because he would often be apparently tilting on one table, and playing his normal game on another.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect he does the tilt thing to juice up the table sometimes. I have seen him go from his crazier mode back to normal play while at the table and win some huge pots with strong hands against the now unsuspecting players.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:16 PM

I bet he is a poser/lurker here....and just getting a kick out of reading these posts about him..
Old 12-15-2005, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet he is a poser/lurker here....and just getting a kick out of reading these posts about him..

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't post or lurk here. ArmourOfPeen does though.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Below is a cut and paste of my notes. Up until a month ago he had two modes, tilting and normal. Tilting is 50/30/2ish, non tiliting is 30/2/1ish. Recently he's started raising a greater number of hands (see my notes below). There is a method to his preflop madness, and I find him a solid preflop player. Postflop his judgement is flawed, and has difficulty laying down a hand. If he hits some part of the flop or a draw, he pots and often (re)raises. He will go to the felt on low draw. I play back at him with low draw + middle pair or greater, fold anything else. Using this very simple strategy, he's my single most profitable $25PL opponent in PT.

-----------
34/9/1.4
p any good A2 + high cards, e.g. AKT2, AK42 or any A23, A34, or AA+ 1 low card
l mostly standard cards, some variations like AT54, A397

two modes, tilt and regular, obvious when tilting. ok player when not tilting, and can be pushed off a hand. bets hard when he thinks he has the best hand, but postflop hand reading is not great. Will go to the felt with a mediocre but seemingly good hand against strong action (like low + top pair). Play back hard with any decent holding.
------------

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on notes. He just can't fold, and I stacked him 3 times last night, once with only the high.

Though after my play tonight I have no room to criticize.