Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: anyone making a living from SSNL?

[ QUOTE ]
anyone making a living from SSNL

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

Play the 6MAX $100/$200.. if you are good you will make $200-$400 a day($60K-$120K a year). Once you are above that you can start to make some serious money but your swings will be not as easy to manage.

I would tell any aspiring pro to focus on short/6MAX play at LHE or NLHE. That is where the money is at for me at least and I think going forward as the Full games continue to tighten. Short games are just easier to make money in whether LHE or NLHE. Go where the easy money is..the easy money is in 6MAX once you've worked on your game and get used to the swings [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

There is a room that offers a variety of NLHE buy-ins that cater to different types of players. They have 200 big blind max buy-in at their 0.25/0.50 blind games and a unique 75 big blind buy-in game for their $2-4 blind game. I play the $2-4's there occasionally because I dont like to play deep at that level but at the lower level the 200x max.buy-in is probably the best NLHE game on the net for a low-limit grinder.... I'd be comfortable playing with 200x at any level I'm a solid winner at on a decent sample-I dont yet have that at $2-4...too bad they dont offer the 200x buy-in for the 0.50/1.00 and $1-2 ...if I'm not comfortable I dont want to play deep-unless the lineup is very weak.

The key to making it professionaly playing SSNL is game selection and volume-you need to put in solid hours everyday or you will fall short of that $200-$400 a day goal.
Despite what all the superstars/poseurs say must NLHE games now online just arent that good you need to nose around a bit to find good games...I'm talking below $2-4 here ..once you beat the $2-4's for just 5PTBB/100 you can play far fewer hours and make very good money-but yet again game selection is everything unless you are a wunderkind.

You can easily make a livable wage at limits as low as 0.25/0.50 but you will need to put in tons of play which will eventually become very tedious and you will must likely burn-out for good unless you manage yourself.