Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 11-09-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Detroit Mayoral Elections - How did this happen?

Kilpatrick is re-elected as Detroit's mayor. I used to live in SE Michigan but moved away in August and haven't been following this much since. But how the hell did this guy get re-elected? When I left this guy had approval numbers in the 20's and I probably could have ran against him and won. This guy practically bankrupted the city completely dropped the ball on getting the city ready for big events like the Super Bowl, All-star game etc. For those outside of Detroit this guy also basically behaved as if he was Suge Knight with a city to run instead of a record label. I was sure this bozo was out two months ago. What could have happened? I also saw the print out of the Detroit News this morning and it said Hendrix had at that time a 12 point lead. Something seems fishy...
Old 11-09-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Detroit Mayoral Elections - How did this happen?

Maybe Bush endorsed Hendrix. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 10:07 AM

Something very fishy. That man should have lost and everybody knows it. I would be very surprised if there isn't some variety of fraud at work. Kwame Kilpatrick is a [censored].
Old 11-09-2005, 12:07 PM

I still live in Michigan and it blows my mind as well.

Detroit never fails to fall short of everyones expectations. The state and country should just plain root for receivorship.

The mayor is crooked, the city clerk is crooked, the police chief is crooked, the city council is crooked and they still vote these idiots back. (Well they booted Jackey Curry the city clerk at least, but that's hardly going to make a dent).

Dennis Archer seemed like an honest guy. They ran him out of town quick.

(shrug) What do you expect from a town the kept Coleman Young in office for 20 years. Its going to take them 100 years to recover.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:46 PM

Default My guess is Voter Fraud

http://www.detnews.com/2005/metro/05...A01-365796.htm

Perhaps New Orleans has competition for being the most corrupt city in the USA.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:05 PM

This re-election just disgusts me.
On the sports talk radio there is a big deal over the pistons game at sacramento last night.
apparently as the pistons came out, they showed pictures of burning cars, abondoned buildings, etc. So there is this huge uproar.
Only one time today did i hear someone on radio say "why are you mad, its true, you dont want people to say that, clean up the city"

it just disgusts me that on the same day people get irrate about people bashing detroit, is the same day detroit re-elects the gangster mayor

i had tiger season tickets this year, i love playing poker downtown, i love greektown (for the locals), but there are about 3-4 blocks in all of detroit i'll walk down.

this is turning into a pointless rant, this just really upsets me. how detroit could re-elect this guy.

sorry for blabbering
Old 11-09-2005, 09:05 PM

Ain't Democracy great?
Old 11-09-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...sorry for blabbering...

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, now. That's what we're here for. If you can't rant a little once in a while, well, since you can, and you just did, don't you feel better? And we all understand.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]