Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-07-2005, 05:35 AM

Default Re: Won trip for tourney

[ QUOTE ]

How did journy "woman" get put up there I wonder, I swore it said journyman before.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are accepted by the 2+2 cabal. You are a cool kid. You are a made man... er, sorry, woman.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:02 AM

nice job, congrats. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I won one too yesterday. great. now this is where the problems start, me being extremely bad with planning and organizing.

does anybody have any idea if I need a visa to go there? (I am not an american citizen, even though I live in New York). also, any advice on where and how get tickets? and what place am I going to? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

no e-mail or anything from the site [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] could be organized better. guess will have to shoot them an e-mail.

but, if any friendly soul is already going through this and has some advice, will greatly appreciate it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2005, 11:09 AM

U don't need to worry. If ur american then u don't need to do anything except buy a plane ticket and get your passport to go to the caribe. I go all the time to the caymans and jamaica. You will fill out the visa crap on the airplane as the stewardess will hand it to you.

Indy
Old 11-07-2005, 11:10 AM

If you aren't an american, then where u from?

Indy
Old 11-07-2005, 11:24 AM

I am Russian. In the process of getting American papers, but a Russian citizen. Also, getting a new passport right now. Are you saying you need a passport to go there even if you are an American? But you dont need a visa (which I still might need), right?
Where do you get your tix usually? Is online sites like priceline or expedia a good choice?
thank you.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:41 AM

I won a package that does not include a seat in the main event. Does anybody know if you can sell hotel accomodations and vouchers??
Old 11-07-2005, 11:41 AM

You need a passport, but they would probably let you in with just a birth certificate if you didn't have one. I know nothing about Russians though. We do need a visa but not in advance. As an american everything is easy, like I said the airline just hands them out on the plane. You should definitely approach your gov't on this because americans don't know that much about russian travel as you aren't even in the EU right now.

Indy
Old 11-07-2005, 11:44 AM

As for airline tickets, I would go directly to United airlines or nwa.com websites and order. You could also spot check expedia, but beware....If anything goes wrong expedia/the airline will not help you. I'd recommend going directly through an airline for your tickets. I ordered a hotel room once through expedia in Paris, France and got screwed. After spending $100 on the phone with expedia (nationalized phone lines over there) I was told to go screw myself.

Indy
Old 11-07-2005, 12:12 PM

I missed the buy in for the big tourney. I sort of lost my focus after qualifying for the trip. I am not a good tourney player anyway. I usually play short handed and I guess I am used to pushing small edges too far. But this time I played conservative and got very lucky.

[ QUOTE ]
does anybody have any idea if I need a visa to go there [ QUOTE ]

Go the the St Kitts website they will tell you what you need for travel to St Kitts.

[ QUOTE ]
but, if any friendly soul is already going through this and has some advice, will greatly appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been searching tickets. I am coming from a long way away.(West coast Canada). Expedia not only has the best deal but is the shortest flight for me if I drive to Seattle. I went to the Airlines website and it was 50% more. I also searched Travelocity and a few more.

I was in Hawaii and I missed my connection mainly do to Expedia booking connections that were to close. That was not a problem they just put me on the next available flight for that airlines.

I screwed up on the quotes. Let me know what your finding out I will keep you posted.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:40 PM

Use Expedia or Travelocity to find your best fare, then book directly on the airlines website. They will give you a slightly better fare and will be much more accomodating if something changes. Same goes for any hotel accomodations. If you use one of the online agents and nedd to change something, you are SOL.........