Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-04-2005, 03:37 AM

Default Re: Lions draft for next year

The Lions should hold on to whatever pick they get. With a midrange pick they can either improve defensively or pick a lineman. It's REALLY early to talk about this, but there are several QBs who may be decent in the NFL who will be picked in the second or third round, like Justin Holland, Omar Jacobs (if he leaves) Cody Hodges, Bruce Gradowski, Brodie Coyle. Any of these guys have a good chance of falling to the second or third round. I think the Lions are just fine waiting and taking a chance on one of these guys and not "morgaging the farm" to get Leinart, especially given the weakness of their division.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:46 AM

The Texans will go with Ferguson in the first round. The Lions will probably go defense.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:58 PM

There are probably going to be several high potential guys coming out of this draft at QB. Vince young nad Marcus Vick come to mind, but there are other, white, pocket passers out there that you won't have to give up 2-4 picks + 60mil$ for. Trading up to the #1 spot in the draft is usually ludicrous, especially in a draft that looks to be as deep as this one.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:59 PM

Default They\'re taking a receiver in the first round.

This one will make Joey a good QB, they promise.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I predict they'll draft a wide receiver.

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably, or something else we don't need like a kicker. Jason Hanson has been the best player we've had since Barry Sanders. That thought makes me sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how lions fans don't even respond to this as if it were a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, we lost to the Bears, at home, in a must win game to keep our season alive.

Now we get Harrington back, whom everyone hates, and gonig into Minnesota, where we will lose to another horrible team, be 3-5, and be all but mathematically elimated from the playoffs for the 1000th year in a row.

BTW, I think we will probably just draft a kicker. Hanson is getting old. Who needs defense, we can just kick 5 FG a game.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now we get Harrington back, whom everyone hates, and gonig into Minnesota, where we will lose to another horrible team, be 3-5, and be all but mathematically elimated from the playoffs for the 1000th year in a row

[/ QUOTE ]
When I saw this on the front page of today's sport section I almost threw up. I was pretty hung over though. I am already getting mentally prepared for the frustation of endless 3 and outs.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, I think we will probably just draft a kicker. Hanson is getting old. Who needs defense, we can just kick 5 FG a game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Kickers last forever. He'll be around for awhile longer.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:53 AM

I think Reggie Bush is too talented not to go #1. I don't see a team trading away the chance to get him.