Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Football trade question/thoughts on Cadillac\'s foot?

OK, yet another trade offer post.

I'm in a tough situation in one of my leagues. Not a high dollar deal, but it's my old college roommates and others, so I have some pride on the line too.

I'm 4-2 and tied for 1st place. Fairly standard 10 yards per pt. rush/rec, 6 pts. for TD, etc.

My RB situation hasn't panned out like I had hoped. I have Kevin Jones, Carnell Williams, Kevan Barlow, and T.J. Duckett. I do have some depth at WR, with CJ, Reggie Wayne, Plax Burriss, Keenan McCardell, and Ashley Lelie.

The injuries at RB are hurting me a lot right now, clearly. I still have faith that Kevin Jones is going to come around, with Schleshinger coming back at FB, and a softer 2nd half schedule. Caddy is making me nervous though - I'm not confident right now that he's going to get back to 100% health, and having Pittman around also hurts his value.

And of course in the end, there aren't many teams with RB depth, so my trade options are limited.

So, what about this. One owner who needs a WR offered me Thomas Jones (and Drew Bennett as a throw in, even though he's out for 4-6 weeks), for Plax and Caddy.

At first glance I thought hell no. But the more I think about it, I'm starting to wonder if it's worth the gamble to pick up a RB who at least is a solid starter so far this year, on a team with a good defense who will remain in the division race.

Thoughts?
Old 10-20-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Football trade question/thoughts on Cadillac\'s foot?

[ QUOTE ]
So, what about this. One owner who needs a WR offered me Thomas Jones (and Drew Bennett as a throw in, even though he's out for 4-6 weeks), for Plax and Caddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too thought, at first glance, hell no. I'd send Plax for Jones, straight up. I'm looking at it now and it still seems horrible for you.

I have Caddy too and I'm confident that after being held out and getting the bye week he'll be ready to go. I don't think the committee situation is as scary as you do b/c Gruden wants Cadillac to run the ball. He loves him. I'm not saying turn down the trade b/c the coach likes his rookie. The trade is bad enough on its own "merits." I'm just saying.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:25 PM

I hear your points. The problem is, he only has a couple of other RB's on his bench, so he sort of needs to get something in return. Maybe I counter with Plax/Barlow?

Also, he has Dunn and Dillon as his other backs. Any other combo I should go for?
Old 10-20-2005, 07:01 PM

Warrick Dunn is one of the best RB's in the league. One word reason why: consistency. I would trade up for him.