Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Seattle area players - charity tournament w/ Phil Gordon

This may be borderline spam-a-licious, I'll let the ever-powerful JBB make the call.

Anyway, wanted to publicize this a bit. It's a charity tournament for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in Washington. A friend of mine is involved in CFF, as his son suffers from the disease. Details of the tournament are here, and it's on October 19th.

The tournament and evening is going to be run and hosted by Phil Gordon. Phil hosted a national CFF final table in Vegas where the winner got a seat into the WSOP. My friend, and others, sent him letters of thanks afterwards, and now he's apparently getting involved with this charity as a result.

Anyway, this tournament is going to serve as a satellite to a later Seattle tournament in February. And I know that there will apparently be some prizes for table winners, etc.

Sounds like it will be a fun evening, and for a good cause.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Seattle area players - charity tournament w/ Phil Gordon

That is tempting. Might be fun!
Old 10-06-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Seattle area players - charity tournament w/ Phil Gordon

[ QUOTE ]
This may be borderline spam-a-licious, I'll let the ever-powerful JBB make the call.

Anyway, wanted to publicize this a bit. It's a charity tournament for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in Washington. A friend of mine is involved in CFF, as his son suffers from the disease. Details of the tournament are here, and it's on October 19th.

The tournament and evening is going to be run and hosted by Phil Gordon. Phil hosted a national CFF final table in Vegas where the winner got a seat into the WSOP. My friend, and others, sent him letters of thanks afterwards, and now he's apparently getting involved with this charity as a result.

Anyway, this tournament is going to serve as a satellite to a later Seattle tournament in February. And I know that there will apparently be some prizes for table winners, etc.

Sounds like it will be a fun evening, and for a good cause.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's two tournaments in 3 days he's showing up for charities here then. He's also going to be at the PEPS (early childhood support) event on the 21st.