Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 07:08 PM

Default 2/4 full hands

<font color="blue">Literally, my first hand, and I haven't gotten to load GT+ yet either so no reads. Mostly wondering about preflop, and the big streets. I felt icky calling the two bets preflop, but I wasn't really sure what to do so I said "[censored] it" and called.</font>

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Brady is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Brady calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Brady raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Brady bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Brady 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Brady calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Brady bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Brady?

<font color="blue">MP1 is 25/5/1, basically a calling station, but you can tell he tries hard to be a good solid player. Okay turn bet? What's my play against his river raise?</font>

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Brady is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Brady checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Brady checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (2.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Brady bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

River: (4.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Brady bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Brady?

<font color="blue">Preflop call okay? Flop call okay (double gutter)? PF raiser is 30/10, cold caller is 38/6.</font>

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Brady is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Brady calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Brady checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, CO calls, Brady calls.

<font color="blue">...and for some low content, here's my badass Grannie Mae hand [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]</font>

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Brady is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Brady raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Brady bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Brady bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Brady bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB
Old 09-12-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: 2/4 full hands

Hand 1: I'm going crazy on that river. I don't think you'll see T9 that often from a preflop raiser. I'd expect to see QJ or an overpair most likely here. I'd also think about just calling on that flop.

I think preflop is OK too, since it's a steal situation.

Hand 2: This one is tough. I would've expected him to bet the flop if he had a K. 44's a possibility. Hmm...I'd probably just call.

Hand 3: I usually make that preflop call, but not if the suited cards aren't also connected (like yours). Flop call is fine too. Your double-gutted, even on the two flush board you've got ~6 outs getting 8.5:1 and closing the action.

Hand 4: Nice hand, sir.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:12 PM

Hand 1: I'm not sure about the pre-flop call without reads, but I don't think it could be that much of a mistake either way. When button puts in his first raise on the turn, I'm thinking a slowplayed ten, maybe an overpair, so I agree with the 3-bet. I'd bet the river since he could be overplaying his hand or maybe capped for a free showdown, but when he raises that, too, I think I just call. There are a good number of ways he beats your boat that fit this play, and he clearly doesn't expect you to fold to his raise on the river.

Hand 2: Other than 44, I don't see a hand that really fits your read of villain. But even without putting him on a wide range here, when a basically passive player raises the river, I would like a stronger hand to 3-bet it (although I don't always follow my own advice [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]). So, I'd call the raise.

Hand 3: I'd fold pre-flop personally. I'd call if he opened later, but that's a pretty early raise to play with only one other person in the pot, for me anyway. I like the flop call with the double-gutter, though.

Hand 4: Why doesn't anyone go to war with your monsters?
Old 09-12-2005, 08:20 PM

Hand 1:
I muck this preflop...
post-flop seems standard, and id 3-bet the river.

Hand 2:
I sadly call the river

Hand 3:
i fold preflop
i also check/call the flop bet

Hand 4:
i would have completed preflop and slow played that monster [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 08:31 PM

I approve of hand 3. check-call is clearly best on that flop and the PF call is fine if you are comfortable with these guys postflop.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:02 PM

Hand 1: I think it's a really interesting hand. Preflop is fine imho. On the flop when the button cold calls to me this means one of 2 things. He has a good draw or he has a monster. The only likely monster is TT and QJ fits the bill. The other possibility is he's unable to let go of 99 and wakes up on the turn. Realistically though, QJ makes the most sense and there are the most possible combinations.