Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Biiiiiiig Pot, Ed Miller scenario

In the very worst case scenario where your not drawing dead on the flop you would be up against something like A8, KK and TT-22 (except 55), in this case you have exactly 20.9% equity. Since according to the op your up against donks with ridiculous stats you can assume they on average will have worse than this and raise and re-raise the flop for value. BUT i would suggest that if you think there is SIGNIFICANT chance a flop raise will likely fold ALL hands behind you (since you rather be in a multiway pot than heads up with the likely best hand) then a call/3-bet would be best, but this is just dependent on your reads i guess. In any case you have to raise the flop somewhere. the rest seems standard to me.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:15 PM

I'd fold preflop but it's not a big deal.

When its back to you on the flop i'd 3 bet you have an equity edge against 4 players and in this situation you want to be building the pot.

Turn and river standard, can't fold for one bet on the end in a pot this size.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villians are all total donks, they all have stats around 60/20/1.5 ish.

[/ QUOTE ]

ALL have these stats? Wow. I need to find 2/4 tables like that ...
Old 09-11-2005, 09:19 PM

Preflop...Does it matter, I say call but in the long run calling or folding A2s is a marginal situation. Postflop however, the flop must be jammed, I lead and 3bet and hope for a cap. Does anyone like a weird donkbet on the turn???
I wouldn't do it myself? but I've got a feeling this pot has so many draws it could scare someone into slowing down... Or does every on hate my donkebet theory of putting money in to put less in...???

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2005, 09:26 PM

I'm not going to lie, I'm usually limp with Axs from early position at tight tables. But, I will fold it from ep at a loose table. I like the call on the flop but would have led out if it was checked to you. I don't see why the sb would be raising the turn unless he has 67 or an 8. I think this should tell you to just call on the river if he's going to bet out because I doubt he would lead with a straight on that board.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the very worst case scenario where your not drawing dead on the flop you would be up against something like A8, KK and TT-22 (except 55), in this case you have exactly 20.9% equity. Since according to the op your up against donks with ridiculous stats you can assume they on average will have worse than this and raise and re-raise the flop for value. BUT i would suggest that if you think there is SIGNIFICANT chance a flop raise will likely fold ALL hands behind you (since you rather be in a multiway pot than heads up with the likely best hand) then a call/3-bet would be best, but this is just dependent on your reads i guess. In any case you have to raise the flop somewhere. the rest seems standard to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very important to realize that calling/3-betting in order to keep your customers is TERRIBLY wrong in this situation. The pot is huge. RAISE! You want to eliminate everyone you possibily can in order to increase your equity. The quoted poster's logic is wrong saying that you would rather play this multiway. You need to raise. It is clearly stated in SSHE if you don't want to take my word for it.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:26 AM

point well taken.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:39 AM

Raise the flop to clean up your A outs (not that a pair of Aces should they hit necessarily be good) should you miss the draw to the flush. You are also raising and for value since the pot is so huge.

River - call that baby every single time!

Pre-flop - considering the table texture, this is fine. Anyone who says its not needs a time out.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]