Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Questionable Turn Fold (Sexy)

Is raising here crazy, (obviously folding to a reraise)? If he has a made flush a bit more than half the time, would't it be worth it? How often do you think he has a made flush?

The purpose of a raise is obviously to make overcards without the A og K of clubs fold, to increase the chance to make it through the river when we are ahead on the turn. Sometimes (but very rarely) we might even take the pot down if he is betting a lone Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

I would have a hard time folding here, but that might not mean its a bad idea. If I knew the player to be passive and not tricky, I would fold though.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:13 AM

Default Re: Questionable Turn Fold (Sexy)

I hate this fold so much (not the decision to fold, but more the act of having to fold). Perhaps it is correct, but it just seems too quick a surrender since you don't have a real read on the guy yet (2 orbits is not enough to grade someone).

I can't think of a better line to take though.

And yes, I normally fold this preflop (sorry had to say it). But with your position, 2 callers and a poster, it's certainly not terrible to call.