Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Confused about 73o

Ugh, I don't like some of the thoughts on this one.

Here's how I see it...It's a freakin AA7 rainbow, completely drawless flop. SB...a not overly loose opponent...check/calls in a 2 BB pot. WTF do we think he has? A 6-outer? Planning to call down with K-high? If he thought it was good often enough to check/call down isn't it likely he'd be betting instead? If you're very lucky he's just calling with a small pocket pair. Otherwise, you're either chopping or drawing dead. Checking the turn here and calling a river bet seems absolutely fine to me.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, I don't some of the thoughts on this one.

Here's how I see it...It's a freakin AA7 rainbow, completely drawless flop. SB...a not overly loose opponent...check/calls in a 2 BB pot. WTF do we think he has? A 6-outer? Planning to call down with K-high? If he thought it was good often enough to check/call down isn't it likely he'd be betting instead? If you're very lucky he's just calling with a small pocket pair. Otherwise, you're either chopping or drawing dead. Checking the turn here and calling a river bet seems absolutely fine to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm starting to think this is the best line after we bet the flop and are called by sb (sort of a WA/WB/induce a river bluff situation), but how do you proceed with the hand after sb c/r's the turn?
Old 08-26-2005, 03:14 PM

I'd fold. The opponent is slightly loose, fairly passive, and likely unimaginative. This is an ace or at least 88-TT most of the time here, IMO. And if it's not, he's likely to chop. But I doubt if this type of opponent does anything but check/call down with another 7 or any hand we beat.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:38 PM

I would think the SB has Ace rag and he is afraid of getting out kicked. Once the 3rd Ace comes on the turn and has made the nuts, he reraises.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:04 PM

Folding to the turn checkraise is perfectly acceptable. 3-betting is [censored] insane.

Rob
Old 08-26-2005, 04:29 PM

I think you played every street fine.

He waited till the turn to check raise you, so he's most certainly holding (1) the case Ace (2) a 7 (3) a pocket pair (likely smaller than 7s, since with 8s or higher and given his stats he's likely going to raise PF.

For me it would be hard to fold the turn. Calling for one more on the river with the boat is fine.

From the tone of your post, it does sound as if you lost this hand, but the probabilities of villan holding a better hand not high from a pure math perspective, so you cannot feel bad about calling it down.