Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 08-23-2005, 03:35 PM

Default I Ran into Trouble with ATo

Villian is 28/6/2. Hasn't done anything out of control, pretty level minded dude.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Do I have any business calling down after check raised on the turn?
Old 08-23-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: I Ran into Trouble with ATo

You played it fine.

You can't fold at any point because he could be semibluffing the turn with a draw or he could be value raising a worse hand on a board that likely missed you.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:43 PM

In my opinion, the turn CR in this particular situation, usually means 2 pr. or a set - nevertheless, I play it the same, to announce you won't allow floaters to take advantage of you.

Rich
Old 08-23-2005, 03:45 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
You played it fine.

You can't fold at any point because he could be semibluffing the turn with a draw or he could be value raising a worse hand on a board that likely missed you.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd like to add that villain could possibly have two pair with 34 or 64, in which case you have 8 outs to beat him, and odds to call.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:47 PM

I am really interested to see the answers to this question - because my initial instinct is that you played this hand more or less correctly - but I have a nagging feeling that I am wrong.

The difficulty for me is that I can't see how the 3 made his straight, since that would mean he saw 3 bets (2 pre-flop and 1 flop) with a very weak holding.

He may have pocket 3s, but that is also pretty weak to call with that flop.

In short, in order to have us beat, I am thinking that he would have had to make some pretty loose calls in the first two rounds of betting.

I am thinking that perhaps he has something like T9 of clubs - so the 3 gave him the flush draw, significantly strengthening his hand.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:47 PM

Nah, it happens. Unless villain was super passive, I am paying off.