Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 07:42 PM

Default question re: 10-10-20 at lucky chances

so i'm up in the bay area, and i was going to go check out the 10-10-20 no limit at lucky chances.

just curious if any of you play in it regularly, or regularly enough to have any pertinent info regarding the game.

not looking for a scouting report, just curious if its a good game, avg. stack size...when its good...etc..

i normally play either the 5-10 at the bike, 10-20 at commerce, or the 20-40 at commerce when its good.

any feedback much appreciated.

thanks.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: question re: 10-10-20 at lucky chances

I don't have the BR to play in 10-20 NL games but if you're looking for an *excellent* 2-2-5 game at a slightly suspect (not the place, but the patrons & area) hole-in-the-wall, there's the Palace Club in Hayward. limon told me about that when I was up in that area for Christmas/New Year's.

I only got a chance to play one night, but even the host is a donator, and he usually buys in to cover the table.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:15 PM

this is just not fair.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:41 PM

I've played in this game once about 6 months ago and the game was pretty good. (althogh it was a bad night for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )...Players ranged from pisspoor - extremely dangerous...I believe the game is generally very deepstacked. One odd thing is there is a mandatory $40 bring-in so you can't limp so the game plays bigger than 10-10-20.....

They don't play everyday (maybe three nights a week?)

That's all the info i got...I know some of the regulars in that game can fill you in with a lot more details.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:57 PM

"not looking for a scouting report, just curious if its a good game, avg. stack size...when its good...etc.."

The must-moves are good games; the main games generally suck. Avg buy-in is ~$2k. Main game stacks maybe avg ~$5k.

"i normally play either the 5-10 at the bike, 10-20 at commerce, or the 20-40 at commerce when its good."

The game is more difficult than the LA and Vegas games.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:59 PM

My mistake the Palace game is 1-1-2, 5 to go--I was thinking of a different (but similar in terms of action) game.

Also I remember now that there are two optional kills of $5 and $10 which makes it $10 or $20 to go. There are a couple of loose regulars (according to the regulars I met there) who like to kill every pot once they lose a couple hands so the game plays bigger than it sounds. After about 10pm there was a double-kill on roughly 50% of the pots.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:25 PM

thanks jen.

i played a little on wed before meeting some friends for dinner.

i ended up in the second must move game, which was shorthanded, which i love.

after about twenty minutes they had moved everyone but myself and an asian gentleman to the main game, and just as i was about to rack up he offered to play heads up, which is my absolute favorite.

i relieved him of just over 5K in about 45 mins, at which point he said something about not having played much heads up before.

i'll probably hit it up again on my way back from reno next week.
if you're going to be playing i'd love to come say hello.

ps. matt, what did you mean when you said "this just isn't fair"?
Old 03-24-2005, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i relieved him of just over 5K in about 45 mins, at which point he said something about not having played much heads up before.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice hand. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2005, 11:39 AM

that i no longer live near that game.