Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: do you ever fold a set on the turn?

i folded a set of 9s on the turn once in an 8-16 game and the case 9 came on the river. i dont remember the results, but i think i folded the winner from what i recall, meaning it was the best hand on the turn. i posted it like a year or so ago.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:30 AM

i agree it was likely a mistake to fold. as far as the amount in the pot, like i mentioned, 4 players saw the flop for one bet and one more bet on the flop. so thats 4 big bets. on the turn, it was bet, raised and reraised before it got to me, so that would be 6 more big bets. so thats 10 big bets in the pot and i have to cold call 3 big bets. also, with 3 people betting with a one card straight on the board, i thought that makes it more likely someone might have slowplayed qj, jj, or even qq. highly unlikely all 3 have a straight. to call, i believe you have to be certain you are not drawing dead and you have to also be certain the 2 players behind you are not going to fold.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:50 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

Couldn't multiple people have the str8?

Terrible fold. The board is way too coordinated to fold this.

I can count on one hand the times I've been in a spot to fold a set on the turn. They were on uncoordinated boards with very predictable players that wouldn't be 3 betting/capping w/o a bigger set than I held.

b