Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 02-04-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Questions on every street (10-20 6Max)

Fish limps UTG+1 and I call on the button with Q9s. Only the BB, a tricky player who is a bit too loose but can read hands alright, comes along to a flop of 984r with one spade. BB bets, fish calls, and I decide to raise.

Turn is Js. BB bets, fish calls, I raise again, BB 3-bets, fish drops, and I call.

River is some low blank and I fold to a bet.

What do you think? Seems like every street might have gone another way.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Questions on every street (10-20 6Max)

Why the turn raise? I don't think he'll fold for one more, which makes the semi-bluff wrong. For the price you paid by calling the turn 3 bet you could have seen a showdown...
Old 02-06-2005, 01:00 AM

Default My thoughts

Ok, so pretty little interest in this one. I considered it pretty debatable all around so I'll just add some thoughts.

Flop: I think this is really close between all three options. When I first started playing this game I usually folded here. Then I started raising a lot. Once I discovered that isolating is impossible in this game, I started limping along in position a lot more, hoping that I could actually control the hand better. But I'm considering going back to raising. Can I really not have at least my share of equity on average?

Flop: This has always been basically an autoraise for me but some threads in mid-high got me thinking about the value of waiting for the turn, planning to raise "good" cards and call others. Still not sure about this one.

Turn: This one backfired but I'm still not sure it wasn't the right play. Against this BB, I do think I have some chance of folding A9, K9, or another Q9 here. When he led the flop I thought it was J9 at best, maybe JT, neither of which I thought would three bet. I also thought the fish limper would definitely come along for my raise and possibly for two more with any piece. With second pair, a flush draw, and a gutshot it seemed like it would be hard to go wrong pumping this thing.

River: I just can't see the BB 3-betting me on the turn with anything I could beat.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Questions on every street (10-20 6Max)

just call the turn.

Dont fold the river.