Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: 5-10 flopped boat at the Bike.........how\'s my line?

Interesting line, if you look like you are bullying the table and he knows this I might be tempted to overbet the pot on the flop, check the turn like I gave up, and then overbet the river. It probably won't work often, but you'll stack him when it does, yes/no? I suppose observant opponents will pick up on what you did when they are facing a huge river bet...but it was just a thought.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Re: 5-10 flopped boat at the Bike.........how\'s my line?

Hey river,

Lead the flop. If not that, check-raise the flop. Bet more on the turn. If not that, check-raise the turn. River bet amount was good. A river check-raise might have been good too, depending on his range of hands and how he would play them. If more money got in there earlier, it's a moot point, though.

Hope he filled up with 64... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ML4L
Old 01-12-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: major error in original post....please reread

[ QUOTE ]

often times players who are very aggressive go into check/call mode it sets off warning bells in observant players.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly what I was thinking given the image you said you had......for that reason, I think you should've played this like a maniac from the flop onwards.....overbet, raise, etc....either overbet the flop or checkraise the flop and then definitely bet out big on the turn.....either he's got something or he doesn't - you win the most when he's got a big ace or an under full, not by trying to keep him in "in case" he's got a flush draw or something.....let'em go broke......you don't know how many times I've been running over a table and then flop a rockcrusher and play it like I'm on a monster bluff or missed draw only to be called by one pair......
Old 01-12-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: 5-10 results

so i bet 400 on the river he thought for about a minute then called.

he mucked his hand and actually looked a bit surprised to see my boat.

i didn't see his hand but i think he had a pocket pair, and my unusual line confused him (at least thats what i'd like to give myself credit for).

anyways i know he didn't have an ace because he's the kind of guy that would have shown his bigger ace to show how lucky i got to hit the four, and thats the only reason i got his money.

i'm pretty sure that had i checkraised at any point he would have dropped.
i think i like ML's line of leading the flop and then checking the turn, then overbetting the river. this is actually a line i use a lot when i flop a monster vs. a preflop raiser.
although depending on the stack size i sometimes CR the turn and sometimes overbet the river.