Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 05:26 AM

Default Got to bend a little no matter which side you\'re on

Stars $11 rebuy. I have 26k, with blinds 200/400/25. I am one of the three stacks between 20k and 28k at my table. I open with 99 to 1200 somewhere in EP. MP (22k) calls. He seems decent, but fairly aggressive. I noticed him raising JT in MP and playing it fairly well postflop.

Flop T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet 2k and he calls.

Turn is total blank. I bet 4k and raises 6k more, leaving him with 8500 after the raise.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:33 AM

Default Re: Got to bend a little no matter which side you\'re on

I want to run away - can't say why, but I do....

rough one.

RB
Old 11-14-2005, 10:35 AM

if you said hes playing well then he might have you beat here. flat calling 10 10 or better before the flop might raise this turn given the action. fold, next time dont bet turn after he calls the flop.

edit: especially because now your SS on the turn, he definately wants all your chips. youre defiantely beat unless he thinks youll fold 8400 on his "bluff"
Old 11-14-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
especially because now your SS on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you misunderstood. I had him covered. After my 4k turn bet I was left with a little over 18000. So, that is what I would have if I folded.

Are you saying the only hand you see from villain is TT? I agree that many players would play TT like this, so it is definitely a possible holding, but narrowing his range to that hand seems crazy to me.

You also said to check the turn. If I do, what is my plan of action if he bets/checks.

Anyone else wanna weigh in here? As I was going into my time bank, I felt like this hand was going to define my tournament.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:00 PM

I guess people don't play the $11 rebuy anymore, or is it that this hand is an obvious fold?
Old 11-14-2005, 10:41 PM

This is so read dependant. I tend to go with whatever my gut tells me here because he can easily be trying to steal this pot with overcards or a small pair. or he could have you crushed.
I think i call here. It may look stupid or brilliant, but the board is so dry (except for clubs) that it's a great bluffing board.