Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Anyone see any bad plays in this hand?

I am obisponator...

Pre-flop:

PuckDog12 calls. NJKILLER11 folds. Wondertwnz
calls. apbeck folds. TNT GO BLUE calls. Reposado
folds. desufnoc checks. dunknfool calls.
obisponator checks.

Flop (board: 6d Ac 8s):

dunknfool checks. obisponator bets $.50. PuckDog12
calls. Wondertwnz folds. TNT GO BLUE calls.
desufnoc folds. dunknfool folds.

Turn (board: 6d Ac 8s 7s):

obisponator bets $1. PuckDog12 raises to $2. TNT GO
BLUE folds. obisponator re-raises to $3. PuckDog12
re-raises to $4. obisponator calls.

River (board: 6d Ac 8s 7s 5s):

obisponator checks. PuckDog12 bets $1. obisponator
raises to $2. PuckDog12 calls.

Showdown:

obisponator shows As 9s.
obisponator has As 9s 8s 7s 5s: flush, ace high.
PuckDog12 mucks cards.
(PuckDog12 has 6c 6s.)
Old 06-24-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Anyone see any bad plays in this hand?

I'd just call the turn HU. With more people in I am raising if I can trap them for more bets.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:40 PM

Well, bad play number one is making this post so hard to read! At least put your starting hand up near the top, use the converter if you can and leave out the other people's names.

Other than that, it looks OK except for the turn 3-bet. I'd have slowed down after that, but the river check-raise was good (though it might've been better to stop-n-go if you hadn't 3-bet the turn).

So I'm guessing the PuckDog barked at you quite a bit after this one, eh?
Old 06-24-2005, 12:40 PM

Well, Puckdog should have raised if he was going to come in, I think. But I think he has A-7 so his mistake was probably coming in at all. You may have overplayed the turn, if you don't make your flush I think you are beat here. There may have been a raise for you here pre-flop too, but I'm not sure that's cut and dried.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:45 PM

Well, he didn't say anything after the hand, but my reasoning was, I have top pair with a straight and a flush draw, and him capping the turn means he probably had me beat... nevertheless, since i was drawing to the nuts with so many hands, I felt my implied odds justified the maniac raises...
Old 06-24-2005, 12:50 PM

The 3-bet on the turn seems like too much even though you have about a million outs. You are OOP and likely to be behind needing to improve. I don't hate it because you set up a great 3-bet opportunity on the river but....

You didn't follow through. I would lead the river dude. When he caps the trun Villian almost always has a hand that can beat a pair of A's or even two pair and if you lead he will try to punish you. He will raise quite often here and you can 3-bet his ass.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:30 PM

posting blind (so some of this esspescially the how to set up hand post stuff has probably been said so much your sick of it)

I'm guessing from the familiar look of it this is a UB hand history (or are all sights like this and I just don't know it). For one allways change the names to positions please it protects the inocent donks. List your starting hand at the top so we can think it through with you. Don't show what your villan had it leads to results oriented thinking.

I thoguth you had the Ace from the get go with a mediocre kicker. I knew by turn play the villan (donks usually check/call trips on the flop and raise the river regardless of the card) had tripps or had made the straight. I thought you were trying to protect your two pair (that you had spiked a 7 which still makes the three bet a bad idea) but after looking at your hand IMO the 3 bet is to much on the turn against only one, with 3 or 4 still in it bet this cause you're 16 outs give you good equity, but against just one you're beaten to offten to three bet this and by the way he played it you can't coun't your 2 rmaining A or 3 nines as clean outs if you can count them at all. The check raise on the river is marginal though it worked, though I think you're villan might have been less likely to put you on a hand if you led again thinking you were still thinking you're ace was good, I think you might have gotten a 3 bet had you led