Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: common sickening river card decision...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if this is a dry A bluff, i will eat a bucket of glass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you are the man. Where are you from?

[/ QUOTE ]HOUTEX.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:25 PM

come down and i will take you to some psyyycho 10/25 round of each games.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HOUTEX.

[/ QUOTE ]

nevermind, not cool. [censored] texas.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
HOUTEX.

[/ QUOTE ]

nevermind, not cool. [censored] texas.

[/ QUOTE ]BE CAREFUL!
Old 09-11-2005, 07:28 PM

Default RESULTS:

I called and he showed me A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

As soon as i called i was extremely upset with myself because i knew it was wrong. It can be hard to lay hands down in the Party (400) game because there are so many donkeys. But i did not think this guy was a total donkey and therefore that bet had to be the nuts.....The reason i posted the hand is because i wanted to make sure i wasn't being results oriented.

Calling off chips on the river is almost without a doubt my biggest NL holdem leak. It's something i will be focusing on. Thanks for the replies.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Re: RESULTS:

This is a MAJOR leak in my game that I have been working on (to some success). I think I definitely need to up my 48.7% of WSD. What is yours Aggie? What is an ideal #?
Old 09-11-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Re: RESULTS:

[ QUOTE ]
I think I definitely need to up my 48.7% of WSD. What is yours Aggie? What is an ideal #?

[/ QUOTE ]

My WSD is 46.4 which definitely seems low (and this is not a very big sample). I have no idea what the ideal # is but i think it would vary greatly depending on ones looseness.

I think there are several legitamate reasons for a low WSD that are not necessarily bad. Here are a couple i can come up with:

-I bet more on the river than my opponents. So when i have a big hand i try to get paid off big. My opponents therefore probably call slightly less often but i get paid off more when they do call. This leads to a lower WSD though

-My opponents often make tiny bets on the river (which are truly awful). I will be pretty darn sure i'm beat but they often lay me propper odds to call. again this affects my WSD.

I'm sure there are others but the point i am making is that I think it would be very hard to come up with a ideal WSD because that depends very much on one's style and the quality and type of one's opponents.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:15 PM

I have a virtually identical thread right now elsewhere here, only it was live. I think it can be a very tough laydown since you know that your opponent knows that you weren't betting a flush draw, so they know you don't have the flush, and it's very easy to imagine a good, aggressive player pushing that river thinking you can't call without it. That would be my biggest reason for calling.

However, the last several times this has happened to me, they had it every time. Not enough people just have the balls for that kind of bluff and until I know that my opponent does from having seen them do it before, assume they got it.

Kirk