Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 03:56 AM

Default Re: Snapping off a Bluff (5-10 deep stack example)

If you raise, waht do u plan on donig if he 3 bets?
Old 07-25-2005, 03:57 AM

I don't think there is any way he can call if he three bets.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:00 AM

Aggie said that villani is capable of playing back if he thinks aggie is restealing, in this case i dont think raising i a good idea.
Call him down
Old 07-25-2005, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A call looks weak which means he'll more than likely fire again on the river. If you've been raising a lot preflop then a set/straight is very possible. Calling here would pretty much mean you would have to call the river, unless he bets huge.

If you've been raising preflop I like a raise here. What would your plan be if he plays back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if i call here the plan is to call anything reasonable on the river as well. If i raise here and he reraises i'm definitely folding.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you raise, waht do u plan on donig if he 3 bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold
Old 07-25-2005, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the miniscule size of the bet relative to the pot indicative of his hand range at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes...I think villian is much more likely to bet this amount with either a 3 (a stright) or a bluff. If he has a hand that requires protection, he's unlikely to bet so small. So based on betsize alone, he's probably got either nothing or a monster
Old 07-25-2005, 06:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does this guy tilt at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

[ QUOTE ]
Would he start spewing if you called him down and won with your ace high?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but proably not dramatically. He was a big winner for the session so i don't think losing one minor pot was going to set him off. Althogh it would rub him the wrong way [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2005, 08:30 AM

Hey aggie,

Given the information you provided, call the turn and call the river, checking behind if checked to. I don't see what there is to discuss...

ML4L
Old 07-25-2005, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given the information you provided, call the turn and call the river, checking behind if checked to. I don't see what there is to discuss...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks ML4L,

Yea, i guess you're right. What's probably not as clear as i originally made it sound is whether villian would bluff back at me if i raised. The chances of that were probably pretty small although they certainly did exist. I wanted to get a feel for whether it was better to let villian draw cheap to his 3-10 outer or to risk being rebluffed by a worse hand. In the actual hand i called the turn and had villian drawing dead to 3 outs.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:27 AM

Hey aggie,

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks ML4L,

Yea, i guess you're right. What's probably not as clear as i originally made it sound is whether villian would bluff back at me if i raised. The chances of that were probably pretty small although they certainly did exist. I wanted to get a feel for whether it was better to let villian draw cheap to his 3-10 outer or to risk being rebluffed by a worse hand. In the actual hand i called the turn and had villian drawing dead to 3 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if villain would rebluff the turn 0% of the time, I would always call rather than raise if I felt that there was a good chance that I stood to collect another bet on the river. If he's going to give up on most bluffs on the river, raise the turn. Also, the fact that this guy is betting 1/3 pot on the turn/river makes raising the turn better than if he were betting full pot on the turn/river. But, I still think it's a call based on the information provided.

ML4L