Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 08:18 PM

Default \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (8/25)

Tonight's show probably won't have the excitement or interest that last night's 400/800 game with special guest appearances by Barry Greenstein and Doyle Brunson had, but most of us will carry on anyways. Tonight's show is expected to be a 10/20 NL game, expect it to have many players familiar to the show. Listening to Bart's interview with Doyle, it seems Bart may need some new general questions instead of asking variations of the same questions heard time and time again. Maybe some better questions offered by the viewing audience could be helpful.

For those that care to view the show, head to www.liveatthebike.com or put http://216.53.204.10/bike/bike_300.asx into your Windows Media Player. You may want to check the links before the show begins at 9pm to make sure everything's running properly so you don't miss the broadcast.

EDIT: Tonight's show will be 10/20 NL featuring Clonie Gowen. My inside source also mentioned that the show may start late because they're filming the end of the media tournament and there's currently 5 players left.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (8/25)

In the future, I think it'd be more interesting to hear what the guest has to say about a few hands that he can watch and see the hole cards. Barry gave some great advice on hand/player reading last night when he was just allowed to do it. We didn't get a chance to hear Doyle talk about any hands being played as he was busy answering the same few questions he answers in every interview. If these guys they bring in are supposed to be great poker players, wouldn't it be more advantageous for the viewers to be able to hear them analyze poker and give their opinions on some hands. Let them spend a couple of minutes talking about a tourney performance, then onto the actual game.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:41 PM

I'll be interested to see Clonie play for cash. She doesn't get much respect for her game in a lot of circles. I haven't seen anything spectacular from her (well, besides the obvious), but it'll be interesting to see her for an extended period of time.

To be honest, many of the big tourney names haven't looked like cash game killers. By no means do I think I could hang with them, but it has been very interesting to watch.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:00 PM

The show started a little early with the end of the media tournament for a Legends seat. I guess Simon Trumper's blog counts as being part of the media, and Jim McManus is there too.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:00 PM

Missed last night. Definately in tonight [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2005, 09:05 PM

You could add Barry Greenstein commentating with Simon at the table with the brouhaha those two had at the WSOP.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:05 PM

KFWB is a News Station in LA.
It's not a sports station.
Although the Dodgers are on in baseball season.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:13 PM

Bart,

Who won the "last longer" bet from today's tourney?
Old 08-25-2005, 09:13 PM

Aren't you supposed to raise the button every single time heads up no matter what the cards.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't you supposed to raise the button every single time heads up no matter what the cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. There are times when it's okay to not raise being on the button. Being short-stacked is one of them.