Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 08-19-2005, 04:01 PM

Default First time whore doesn\'t want to miss anything

I have never whored before. I started with $15 on PokerStars and have worked my way up to about $500. Pretty soon I'm going to cash out and use the money to start whoring. I figure I'm at an advantage to experienced whores because I haven't used any of the possible bonuses yet. I've read through Gonzo's whoring 101 and have been looking around for the best bonuses for a while now. Here's a few questions I have:

-It looks like Party skins are the place to go for someone with a bankroll of around $500. Am I right?

-I do not have any cash transfer accounts yet. Gonzo suggests Netteller. Is that who I should use?

-I do not have Poker Tracker yet. I found one site where I could get it for free for playing a certain amount of raked hands. Are there any places to get PT and not have to pay, or should I just buy it and stick to bonuses?

-Any other tips you can give me would be much appreciated. Is there anything I can add on top of the 20% bonus up to $500 at Party Poker?

Thanks for reading and sorry for such newbie questions.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: First time whore doesn\'t want to miss anything

Make sure that you get rakeback at several party skin sites. Check the classifieds for this.

Get PokerTracker. Buy it now. There is no better way to improve your game.

The only other suggestion that I might give is to start at some of the sites that offer regular monthly bonuses that you can't claim next month. The crypto bonuses are a good start. PokerPlex is probably best. Once you work through the regular monthly bonuses start Party skins.

Good Luck.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:44 PM

Sorry. Should have mentioned I play $.25/$.50. PokerPlex requires that I play at least $.50/$1. Also, I don't understand how that monthly bonus would be more profitable than the Party skins.

I thought I read that rakeback takes away from bonuses. Is this true?
Old 08-19-2005, 05:03 PM

First off, party doesn't have .25/.50 unless you are talking about NL. I don't play NL so I can't comment.

The bonuses from Party will be there forever. You can claim them over time as you work through the monthly bonuses at other sites. If you don't claim the monthly bonuses every month, you lose them. Since we are getting pretty late in August, you would want to get working on the monthly ones pretty quickly (if you can play at the proper limits)

Bonuses take away from Rakeback. Rakeback does not affect bonuses at all. However, you can't sign up for rakeback later. If you ever get to the point where you are making more money from rakeback (probably 5/10 limit) you will want to have rakeback.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:16 PM

Yes, I'm talking about NL. Thanks for your help. More questions to come later as they come to mind.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:40 PM

Just remember that once you make your initial deposit to a Crypto site, that portion of your bankroll will be tied up for at least a week - maybe more if there's a problem with your PIN (which happened to me at InterPoker). So make sure you're willing to put up with the Cryptos for that long before you do this.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:51 PM

Like these guys said, get the rakebacks in place. It won't hurt your whoring and if you ever get tired of the bonus whoring you will still have a nice kickback for your play. Also there is several sites that give you some nice gifts for doing a site through them. Take advantage of this, it is usually worth about $50 - $60 a site.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like these guys said, get the rakebacks in place. It won't hurt your whoring and if you ever get tired of the bonus whoring you will still have a nice kickback for your play. Also there is several sites that give you some nice gifts for doing a site through them. Take advantage of this, it is usually worth about $50 - $60 a site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I take the gift AND receive a bonus at the same time? For example, could I get PokerTracker as a gift and also get 20% bonus at Party?
Old 08-19-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I take the gift AND receive a bonus at the same time? For example, could I get PokerTracker as a gift and also get 20% bonus at Party?

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely. That's my point. I did so many of these for free when I could of got a little something extra. This is just for the ones you won't be getting rakeback on.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Get PokerTracker. Buy it now. There is no better way to improve your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll 2nd that. Just go buy pokertracker now, assuming you intend to actually win money playing poker and you're not just in it for the bonuses.