Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 08:40 PM

Default RESULTS

Heh. Well, as opposed to the rest of you, I thought my call of the turn 3 bet was the fishiest part of the hand. Anyways, I checked on the river and the bad guy checks behind. WTF is up with that? I turned my hand over (somewhat sheepishly I might add) and the bad guy inserts his cards in the muck.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
Heh. Well, as opposed to the rest of you, I thought my call of the turn 3 bet was the fishiest part of the hand. Anyways, I checked on the river and the bad guy checks behind. WTF is up with that? I turned my hand over (somewhat sheepishly I might add) and the bad guy inserts his cards in the muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe you were considering folding. I've posted this a million times in this forum, but I'll do it again. You simply cannot (and I mean this, it is one of the worst things you can do in poker) make a tight fold on a late street after slowplaying your hand earlier. They have no idea your hand is as good as it is, that is why they are 3 betting you.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:51 PM

If you were there you would have considered folding. Trust me. You would never find this guy in a Pokerstars 100-200 game, much less a 30-60.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Re: QQ Hand

[ QUOTE ]
If you really want to checkraise, I think you could raise preflop and still get a checkraise in on the flop quite often. You check the flop with 6 guys to act one of them will decide to bet, especially because your hand will look like AK to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once you raise preflop, with this many players, your opponents almost have to bet the flop if there is a chance they have the best hand, because the pot is so big and juicy. Even most of the bad players understand this. So you should get a chance to check/raise most of the time.

FWIW, I like mike's bet/3-bet plan best on this board.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:38 PM

true but you explained to death donkey and i that he may have been fed up from losing pot after pot. im pretty sure the guy had KJ.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:13 AM

Is raising QQ here PF even a question?
You think NG limped second in with 33 or 55?

I don't get these two points of the hand. Other than that...
Old 11-29-2005, 11:56 AM

I think not raising pre-flop is okay only if you'll play the flop fast if it's good for you. No one will put you on QQ, so lead and hope to 3 bet someone's TP. If not leading, c/r. Had you shown strength prior to the turn, his 3 bet would have had a lot more wieght.

He was probably more surprised that you had QQ than you were of his river check.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:12 PM

definently bet the river
Old 11-29-2005, 12:48 PM

I find when a guy is losing at stakes that might be slightly uncomfortable for him, the indecision about raising or calling is not because the guy is undecided about slowplaying, but rather because he's undecided about whether his hand actually merits a raise. So I'd be more inclined to put him on J-8s or Qh-Jh or somesuch than a set.

One should always consider raising, calling, and folding; only 3 decisions, a shame not to at least consider all three. But the indecision on your opponent's part, plus the fact that you slowplayed a hand which he would have no reasonable way to put you on, would have made me think he was weaker than he otherwise might be.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:04 PM

Boris, Boris, Boris...

You've got to pop that preflop, because popping it is fun. I like to play big pots, especially with big pairs. I understand your rationale for not raising, but I don't agree with it. 2.5 big bets is a lot, you know? Hell, sometimes even people will just reraise for the hell of it, and then you get to play a monster.

Being that you didn't, then I like getting lots of bets in on the flop. Either bet it out or checkraise. A C/R would have been hot here, since it sounds like you would have been able to get a 3-way cap, possibly even 4 ways with the live one. This is becasue the better is on your left, the live one in the middle, and the spazzo on your right. Bingo bango bongo.

You can't fold your hand. Even if you know you're beat, just show it down and look stupid. I like the play on the turn & river, actually. There is one thing that I don't like, though: you said you THOUGHT ABOUT IT. Never do this. You don't want people to think about anything, nor let them know that you can be made a little uncomfortable. Just call it down in a flash. If you do have to think about it, try to learn to BS them while you buy yourself some time.

Oh and by the way: 40-80 is plenty big to be "high limit" - you can get all the money in the world at this level if you play well. I'd say that's plenty big, and given a few years, most of the others on this board will agree with me.