Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: hey dikshit read this...

Hey dikshit, if you are reading this (or Lee Jones) why not offer very high volume players something good. Like capping their rake at 10k a month or something. Or do you feel like 120k is not a lot to make off a person in one year. It would motivate people to play alot on your site and shut down the everyone else. You would probably make more in the long run because some who do not play that much now would play more. WTF can I get something for the half million a year almost i generate in rake? It must really be a sellers market but why does nobody want my action at a resonable price?
Old 11-03-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like capping their rake at 10k a month or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

great idea, but high volume players would start sharing accounts and running them 24/7.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

great idea, but high volume players would start sharing accounts and running them 24/7.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I think this would be a great benefit to high volume players. And I wouldn't share accounts. (It wouldn't be too difficult to spot multiple users anyway)

Krishan
Old 11-03-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I think this would be a great benefit to high volume players. And I wouldn't share accounts. (It wouldn't be too difficult to spot multiple users anyway)

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

it would be pretty damn easy for ten of us to get together and end up only paying 5k/each for the month without any fear of getting caught. don't you think?

Like I said, I think it's a terrific idea and I would love it, just dont think it makes much sense for them.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:47 PM

Why would any business, cap the revenue that they can make from their best customers.

Larger discounts for high volume, yes... A complete cap, that would be silly [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2005, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it would be pretty damn easy for ten of us to get together and end up only paying 5k/each for the month without any fear of getting caught. don't you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

they could make a rule that you could only play the account from one location. Pretty easy to check. 10k a month from an account is pretty good. What kind of services could you get for 10k.

[ QUOTE ]
Like I said, I think it's a terrific idea and I would love it, just dont think it makes much sense for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

They get 10k in rake from me instead on 4k if I 1 or 2 table a higher limit, have a higher win rate and play in NL where I will bust fish faster. With a cap they would get more money from me plus I will help generate rake for the site by playing in up to 8 games. Why is that not good for them when I would never 8 table with a 3 dollar rake sh. w/o some sort or rake discount.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:07 AM

How come you guys never bash Poker Stars and Lee Jones? If you think Party Poker is milking you guys, what about Poker Stars? No chance in hell for rakeback on that site. Quit asking for something you are not entitled to.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:38 AM

I don't bash either but as a guess:

- lower rake
- actual customer service
- better rewards system
- non-expiring reload bonuses
Old 11-05-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care how much they make...only how much I can make.
If Party's rake-structure and/or rake-back situation is worse BUT I can still make better money there then I will play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's exactly this attitude that will maintin the status quo.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

How come you guys never bash Poker Stars and Lee Jones? If you think Party Poker is milking you guys, what about Poker Stars? No chance in hell for rakeback on that site. Quit asking for something you are not entitled to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok lets look at what PS does better than PP
1. Customer Support. Trying to get help from Party is like trying to push down a brick wall by running into it head first.

2. Rake, First Party doesn't like the idea of rakeback. Second, Parties rake is much higher than Stars.

3. Software, PS software is much better IMO.

4. PS actually listens to the advice of 2+2ers.

Melch