Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 08-26-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Will this solve my problem?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have Windows 2k with 1.5 GB of RAM, 2.2 GHz P4, and I get these slowdowns as well. for me, it's not a RAM issue, but a CPU maxed out issue. sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I am wondering if the RAM will really solve the problem, because that won't make my processor move any faster... will it?

Because my CPU usage occasionally taps 100%, however, many of the slowdowns occur when the CPU usage is less than say 60%.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're running xp, you should get more than 256mb RAM, regardless of this poker slowdown issue. it maymay not help the poker issue, but it will certainly help your pc overall, and it's money well spent.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:50 PM

If you don't already, you sould try running pokertracker on "belownormal" priority. I'm only running on a 1.25 processor, and this allows me to 8-table w/ PT and PV and no slowdowns. The only thing that holds me up is the Party MTT software.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't already, you sould try running pokertracker on "belownormal" priority. I'm only running on a 1.25 processor, and this allows me to 8-table w/ PT and PV and no slowdowns. The only thing that holds me up is the Party MTT software.

[/ QUOTE ]

tx. how do I do this?
Old 08-27-2005, 06:46 PM

Go to the task manager. Click on the Processes tab. Right-click on Ptrack2.exe and go to Set Priority. Click on BelowNormal. This will make PT import a little slower, but it also stops it from hogging the CPU when something else needs it.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:14 AM

Got my new 512MB memory card today. Had a minor problem installing it. But it seems to have solved the problems completely.

I four tabled all night, including running (2) tables of Absolute Poker, which previously would have instigated a major stall. Everything ran very smooth.

The only other adjustment I have been making is per a earlier posters suggestion, I run PAHUD, GT+, and PT on below normal priority. This does not seem to negatively effect those programs at all.

Thank you all for your advice.