Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Am I drawing dead?

This spot sucks but I think you are too short to get away with the bad player padding the pot. I probably bet 50 and hope he looks me up with whatever he has. Obviously make the crying call on a push. This is a pretty tough hand, though. With more room to play, I would lead the turn. But with these stacks, it is so tough. I might have led the turn for $50 and folded to a push assuming I'm drawing dead. I'm not sure, though. This is just a very tough hand with these stacks. I'm not sure there is a good line which doesn't commit you here. I mean, if he bet $40 on the turn, would you call? Then are you going to fold on the river when you make a hand? Obviously not. But his bet of $20 kinda reeks more than a bet of $40 would? I think if you can KNOW that he only makes that weak turn bet with a full house, just fold the turn. If he can make it with anything else, then you have to go broke on the river.