Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Choose your own adventure.

Sounds like he'll bet almost no matter what if you check? I'd let him hang himself again on the river.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As long as he has you on AK, that turn is g00t

[/ QUOTE ]

You think so? I thought I was still likely ahead on the flop, I think this turn totally impedes my ability to get value out of my hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you got all the value you are going to get at this point. I push and am happy to induce a fold. If he doesn't see my cards, then I can pull this stunt again when I really have the A.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing this turn is pretty bad, IMO. Pot is only $80 or so, I have more than that left. If I am behind when he calls, I generally have just 2 outs, maybe even just one, and he will pretty much never call when I'm behind.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Push or check?

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously depends on if he'll bet into you.

i say push.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pushing this turn is pretty bad, IMO. Pot is only $80 or so, I have more than that left. If I am behind when he calls, I generally have just 2 outs, maybe even just one, and he will pretty much never call when I'm behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean when he's behind. If he is as loose as you say, he may be playing any A which would be happy to see a cheap showdown at this point. I am advocating a push as more of a stone cold bluff than a value move.

Fold equity is something I've been focusing on lately. Where do you think you had the most FE in this hand?
Old 12-08-2005, 07:33 PM

turn: Ace hits and he keeps betting - shows he's not scared of that ace, no one here advocates a check-fold? I think you're behind here against a weak ace and have two outs. Either fold or c/r attempting to get him to fold.

river: I put him on an ace - based on your line, looks like a flush draw, so I think he will check behind. I say push hoping for a call
Old 12-08-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Postflop he bets a lot, but doesn't often bet big. He will also bluff three streets no problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

As the play thus far is completely consistent with something on the order of A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I don't feel too comfortable playing for my whole stack here. Unfortunately, based on what you have left, a reasonable bet from him puts you all-in, as well as any blocking bet commits you.

If he bets a lot, and not big often, let him do his thing - especially if he can bluff three streets.

If he doesn't have the flush, I don't see him calling a big bet from you - though I do find it odd he gave you odds to draw to one on the turn. Did he make that turn bet to price himself in?

I think I check call. I don't see him calling with much you beat, but will bet more losing hands into you.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($146)
BB ($262.82)
UTG ($19)
MP ($380.70)
CO ($199.90)
Button ($130.65)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $8.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $6.

Flop: ($19) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $30</font>, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are we not pushing here? Calling puts $79 in the pot and leaves us with ~$107. Pushing here forces him to make a decision and probably the wrong one. The turn holds at least 15 cards we don't really want to see (spades plus other Aces or Kings). The villain is tricky so it's hard to know where we stand after his min-raise.

The pot after his min raise is almost 50% of our stack. I say it's big enough to win now. Help me see why pushing here is wrong.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean when he's behind. If he is as loose as you say, he may be playing any A which would be happy to see a cheap showdown at this point. I am advocating a push as more of a stone cold bluff than a value move.

Fold equity is something I've been focusing on lately. Where do you think you had the most FE in this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a bit confused. I have the most FE on the flop obviously, but I don't want a fold, because I think this guy is bluffing far more often than he holds a hand with any actual outs, and he has shown that he will continue to bluff. I highly doubt he is folding an A on the turn.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:24 PM

Okay, if he isn't folding an ace than I can see calling the turn. I guess I am overestimating villain. I understand why FE is greatest on the flop so I think I am getting there.

Did you check/call the river?
Old 12-08-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($146)
BB ($262.82)
UTG ($19)
MP ($380.70)
CO ($199.90)
Button ($130.65)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $8.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $6.

Flop: ($19) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $30</font>, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

I like a push...

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same. What are we missing?