Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Beginning MTH v2

[ QUOTE ]
if you could make it automatically close tables that are finished...and rebuy into a new one...that would be soooooper cool

[/ QUOTE ]

That is on the todo list, though less prioritized than making sure MTH runs stable on everyones setups.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:41 PM

I think there would be a lot of player interest in MTH for Stars. It is a great site.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:14 PM

That Winzip site is another $30 addon program or 21 day eval. Most of us are runnig on MS XP. I am running MS XP and, until now, have had no problem unzipping files and installing without addon programs like RAR or Winzip. Your MTH program is AWESOME, to be sure. If neccessary, I would puchase a download addon like RAR or Winzip to use it, but I don't think that is what you intend. Will you be releasing MTHv2 where an addon program for downloading and installing MTHv2 will not be required?
Old 10-18-2005, 04:38 PM

Orca,
This thread has gotten beastly...could you start a new one with your next update?

2.002 seems to be working better.

The flashing border is definitely the way to go compared to the flashing window.

I had to change the color to something much more muted than the bright red as I found the epilepsy effect to be quite draining over time.

Does anybody else have the problem that if they are keeping their windows spread out (all exposed and in view so they can follow the action...multiple monitors or whatever) and NOT having MTH move the active window to a set location...that they will take action on the WRONG table sometimes because you THINK the action is on a table you are following, but in fact its on a DIFFERENT table?

I don't want to think how many times I've 'raised' pf with J6 or 93 because I was following the action on the table where I just flopped TPTK. I even folded a flopped straight once on the flop...that cost me about 7BB.

Just wondering if others are having the same problem.

When I set MTH to move the active table to a set location, It never returns the tables to where I had placed them originally. Is it possible to have it do that? Then I will at least have a shot at following the action since I know where the table is going after I act. As it is now, MTH just ends up stuffing all my tables underneath each other and my 2001FP is mostly blank space.

Also MTHv 2.02 seems to do better at putting the table requiring action on top, but If my tables are overlapped it doesn't always work. I invariably end up needing to mouse around and pull up the occasional table to figure out what action to take.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Orca,
When I set MTH to move the active table to a set location, It never returns the tables to where I had placed them originally. Is it possible to have it do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have auto-place tables off? When off, I don't have that problem.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That Winzip site is another $30 addon program or 21 day eval. Most of us are runnig on MS XP. I am running MS XP and, until now, have had no problem unzipping files and installing without addon programs like RAR or Winzip. Your MTH program is AWESOME, to be sure. If neccessary, I would puchase a download addon like RAR or Winzip to use it, but I don't think that is what you intend. Will you be releasing MTHv2 where an addon program for downloading and installing MTHv2 will not be required?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no need for any 3rd party addons. Windows XP itself contains the functionality to unzip the .zip file. Furthermore you can still use WinZIP after the evaluation period, it just "reminds" you to buy it sometime.

I will only be using WinZIP during development since it's the fastet way for me to release the files. When i'm ready for a more final release, i will include an installer as you know it from normal applications.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody else have the problem that if they are keeping their windows spread out (all exposed and in view so they can follow the action...multiple monitors or whatever) and NOT having MTH move the active window to a set location...that they will take action on the WRONG table sometimes because you THINK the action is on a table you are following, but in fact its on a DIFFERENT table?

I don't want to think how many times I've 'raised' pf with J6 or 93 because I was following the action on the table where I just flopped TPTK. I even folded a flopped straight once on the flop...that cost me about 7BB.

Just wondering if others are having the same problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, i've done this myself some times. That's exactly the reason for me making the "Flash table" option. It just takes some getting used to, then you'll make almost no errors.

[ QUOTE ]
When I set MTH to move the active table to a set location, It never returns the tables to where I had placed them originally. Is it possible to have it do that? Then I will at least have a shot at following the action since I know where the table is going after I act. As it is now, MTH just ends up stuffing all my tables underneath each other and my 2001FP is mostly blank space.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a known bug that i'm working on.

[ QUOTE ]
Also MTHv 2.02 seems to do better at putting the table requiring action on top, but If my tables are overlapped it doesn't always work. I invariably end up needing to mouse around and pull up the occasional table to figure out what action to take.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is also a semi-bug that i'm trying to improve upon [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 07:12 PM

Default My versionof mth

Orca,

I've tried a similiar approah for the Crypto tables. My biggest bitch with regular play, is that just as you're about to click fold on 1 table, crypto will pup up another and you fold your pocket A's(yes I've done that, countless times!!!!).

I used AHK with a watchdog to acheive an almost workable solution... but I'm brain fried. Here's how mine works:

I have a cue for all the tables. If a another table tries to steal focus, it's added to the end of the cue, and the previously displayed window reappears. As soon as an action button is pressed on the top cue window, the next window in the cue is activated.

My twist is that if you manually select a window that has preaction buttons, that window is placed at the top (first) of the que, and another window cannot steal focus as long as one of the preaction buttons(or action buttons if they appear) are displayed. This further prevents you from clicking on a fold preaction button and folding the incorrec table.

MTH doens't seem to have the ability to utilize the preaction buttons yet.

Let me know if you want my code...
Old 10-24-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Re: My versionof mth

[ QUOTE ]

My twist is that if you manually select a window that has preaction buttons, that window is placed at the top (first) of the que, and another window cannot steal focus as long as one of the preaction buttons(or action buttons if they appear) are displayed. This further prevents you from clicking on a fold preaction button and folding the incorrec table.

MTH doens't seem to have the ability to utilize the preaction buttons yet.

Let me know if you want my code...

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be invaluable! For me one of the biggest advantages of MTH is the use of HotKey functions.

I really get bogged down sometimes when I already know the action I want to take at some tables so they can 'get out of the way' of tables that are presently 'important'. If MTH would have preselect hotkeys (check/fold, call, and bet are really the only no-brainers I'd use...the others I'd wait to see the action) it would be great.

The option to not steal the focus of my manually selected table would also be great.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:04 PM

Default MTH Bug

I 6 tabled last night for 1000 hands, and was up 5bb/100...

A bug I noticed was about every 5 min or so, a table would pop up on top of my active window. I would have action buttons active (in quadrandt 1), and another table would pop up ( in quadrant 2,3 or 4) and partially opscure the table 1 quadrant.