Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 09:14 AM

Default j9o final table small blind

50 dollar PS tourney, 135 entered, down to 7. I have probably a bit of a loose aggressive image. avg stack is around 30k , blinds are 1000/2000. Folded to me in the small blind, with J9o. BB has about 30k- he seems to be a thinking, tight aggressive player. (blinds up in 10 minutes.)

I have 18k, Push, complete, or fold?.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:19 AM

Default Re: j9o final table small blind

Fold.

You have alot of chips, and so does the guy after you and the pot is small. I don't try anything crazy with this hand, especially with your table image.

Top 7 is where the money starts getting good.. I wait for a better spot
Old 07-01-2005, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold.

You have alot of chips, and so does the guy after you and the pot is small. I don't try anything crazy with this hand, especially with your table image.

Top 7 is where the money starts getting good.. I wait for a better spot

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak tight!

I don't push, but I certainly raise. If he comes over top, fold. You'll be the button next hand and in prime position for some pushing.

If he calls, push if you hit an OESD, pair, or better.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:01 AM

Folding, pushing, completing and betting out are all viable. You're in the best spot to make the call. If you're laggy and villain is tight then calling and betting out on the flop is probably what i'd do. He probably raises pocket pairs/big aces which lets you off cheap and when he checks behind 2/3 of the time he completely misses the flop and has to fold to your continuation bet.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:22 AM

It's not weak-tight at all.. I've been loose aggressive all tournament.. Folding a hand is all of a sudden weak-tight?

If I'm up against an solid, observant opponent, he makes it 6BB to go and I have to fold my hand!
Old 07-01-2005, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not weak-tight at all.. I've been loose aggressive all tournament.. Folding a hand is all of a sudden weak-tight?

If I'm up against an solid, observant opponent, he makes it 6BB to go and I have to fold my hand!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, thinking "wait for a better spot" to steal blinds (like the guy I quoted) is weak tight! You have chips, so a 3xBB raise is fine to steal this TAG's blinds. If he calls or raises and you lose the hand, just push next time!

Don't steal blinds with Ax, or any two greater than ten. Steal with a large range! People will still play as tight as they did at the bubble as the money isn't all that good here.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:46 AM

Posting blind...

This is a close one. I feel this is a push because you describe him as TAG. A TAG will not want to risk half his chips on a weak hand. You will take this down enough to make it worthwhile. If called, your cards are probably live. PUSH!
Old 07-01-2005, 03:24 PM

Take the first two letters in putz, and the last two in fish, and what do you get?

I am with Sekrah here--I might try stealing the blind if I have not played a hand in a while, but my respons to losing would not be to push on the next hand.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:24 PM

Pushing is clearly +CEV, but we'd have to know the pay structure to make a better judgement here. I like completing too or raising 2.5x. You're getting these blinds a ton of times against a tag, even if you have a laggy image.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:12 PM

And calling a push is clearly CEV+. So what.

Pushing is the easiest way to exit 7th.

I like all the other options, and mix it up.