Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Pedophilia and You

Does wanting to have sex with a 15 year old who has gone through puberty make you a pedophile? Yes, it is illegal in at least nearly every state in the union, when you are over 18. However, the question is whether it makes you a pedophile.

I do not think it does. Pedophilia is the act or fantasy (wanting) of having sexual relations with a child. A person is no longer a child if he or she has gone through puberty.

Am I right?
Old 11-14-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Pedophilia and You

Yes.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:02 PM

This thread actually does belong in OOT. Since I know it's part of an existing thread, we'll just leave it in there.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:18 PM

Well, I've received word about this subject, and it appears as though I was being overly cautious. As far as I'm concerned, I'm happy that I was wrong.

Just try to make sure you aren't being a sicko about it. I think that's probably the best way to describe what not to do here. Basically it's acceptable if the discussion is based on the morality or laws. The things you guys wanted to discuss are just fine.

As for this thread, I'm unlocking it due to the interest in this subject. As I've said before, the main reason I locked it was because it was an x-post and didn't seem like something that belonged in this forum. Obviously the majority of you seem to feel otherwise, so it's now open for discussion.

This subject is no longer off-limits.

Thank you for understanding, and enjoy!
Old 11-15-2005, 01:31 PM

Absolutely. Young virgins are to be prized, cherished, and sought after. The fact that American society does not reflect this view shows once again the dominant impact of feminism in shaping the nation's values.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolutely. Young virgins are to be prized, cherished, and sought after. The fact that American society does not reflect this view shows once again the dominant impact of feminism in shaping the nation's values.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's scary that I think you are being sincere, here.

Do you hold the same view of young male virgins? Do you think older women (or men) should prize young male virgins also? Why or why not?
Old 11-15-2005, 03:35 PM

Technically, anyone having gone through puberty is no longer a child. Any laws made against these relations are a customary thing and not a moral issue.

The question is when is one psychologically prepared for the responsibility of having children? This varies greatly among cultures and time periods. The American custom is 18 years old. Physiologically, the ideal is probably around 21 for women and 23 for guys, when full adulthood is reached.

However, psychologically speaking, I know 30 year old women who should not be a mother, and 15 year olds who could be. It's a matter of prudence.

Darryl P is correct. Feminism, contraception, and modern society have destroyed the ideal of a good virgin, the result being a major contribution to failed relationships and families.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you hold the same view of young male virgins? Do you think older women (or men) should prize young male virgins also? Why or why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to evade your question here, but I can only speak from the heterosexual male perspective. As for homosexual males or heterosexual females, I think it's up to them what they prize.

It would be nice if straight males were firm in what they wanted so that straight females would have to satisfy us if they wanted a family. I think it's unfortunate that modern society has drifted far from this ideal.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:03 PM

I certainly think that there's a huge difference between an attraction to a pre-pubescent child and a post-pubescent adolescent. Nature shows, rather clearly, that they're ready for the sexual act, simply because they were given the hardware, so to speak.

Now, I of course think that intercourse between an adult and a teenager should be illegal. There are multiple psychological reasons why it could be detrimental to the young person, as well as reasons for which the consent is dubious. I do, however, think that there should be a clear distinction in the law between the two as I know of many instances in which a young man has sex with a 15 or 16 year old girl and is treated the same as someone who molests a kindergartener in the eyes of the law.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not trying to evade your question here, but I can only speak from the heterosexual male perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you speak from a heterosexual male perspective. I don't care for young virgins AT ALL. My first sexual experience was with an experienced 43-year old woman, and it blew the pants off of anything I experienced with a young virgin (who, frankly, was boring and annoying by comparison)

[ QUOTE ]
It would be nice if straight males were firm in what they wanted so that straight females would have to satisfy us if they wanted a family. I think it's unfortunate that modern society has drifted far from this ideal.

[/ QUOTE ]

But we all want different things. There is no perfect woman, because everyone's tastes are different.