Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Results

Well, here's what I don't understand, especially seeing as how I just read HoH I and II and apparently you have too: why are so many of you willing to push here? Your M is about 9 or 10, you don't know whether or not these two are total donks or solid, and 77 is just too mediocre of a hand in the face of a UTG raise and cold-call. More importantly, you aren't getting the pot odds here (about 3 to 1, correct me if I'm wrong) when you are a 7.5 to 1 shot to hit the set.

Add it all up and there are too many unknowns for a push.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:17 PM

Actually M is 5 or 6 because there are antes. It is costing me 550 per round.

Ken
Old 07-19-2005, 02:22 PM

this is a really interesting hand because your play is completely dictated by your stack size. (feel free to adjust stack sizes according to your risk tolerance):

with a smaller stack, like 2500, I think that this is an easy push, since you will likely get it heads up, with the good side of a coin flip and there's some dead money out there and you are running low on time. Hell, you might even take it down.
With less than 2500, you have to push simply for value and to avoid getting into -EV spots later.
ignoring the 3k-3.5k chip stack.

With something like 4k, I think that you have the perfect spot for a squeeze play because you will have enough to get him off hands like 99/TT and AQs, so you can push there, too.
With a stack of around 5k or more, you can play for set value.

The 3k chip stack really puts you in a pickle because you can likely wait and get in a little better spot, or you can push and likely be heads up.

anyway, interesting hand, and i don't think that you can mess it up either way (unless you flat call preflop).
Old 07-19-2005, 06:53 PM

My bad. And yes, like Soss said, it's a difficult hand. Good post. I still don't like the push, but it's not horrible. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]