Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: White Sox Winner!!!

I was secretly hoping that the Griffey trade would go through before tonight- headed to the Safe to see the King pitch tonight.

I really hope he gets back in the American League soon- being able to DH a couple days a week would lessen the wear and tear and give him a shot at 700 HRs.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was secretly hoping that the Griffey trade would go through before tonight- headed to the Safe to see the King pitch tonight.

I really hope he gets back in the American League soon- being able to DH a couple days a week would lessen the wear and tear and give him a shot at 700 HRs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Chicago, so I don't get to watch a lot of west coast baseball. When the M's were in Chicago a couple of weeks ago we missed Felix. I'm looking forward to watching him tonight. I've heard a lot about him, but have yet to see him live.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and the best bullpen in the AL

[/ QUOTE ]

The White Sox don't even have the best pen in the division.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the white sox will not win a post season series, assuming the get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you deny the awesomeness of their 1-4 punch
El Duque (2.5 ERA in postseason), Buerhle, Garland, Garcia.

[/ QUOTE ]

the white sox winnign a series (or the whole WS) has less to do with theier starting pitching and more to do with how lucky they are (bloop hits, fly balls that stay in the park, streakiness of hitters)

That goes for every team, some have a better chance to win than others (Stl>Chicago>SD etc) but when 'good' teams play a short series, variance rules supreme.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the white sox winnign a series (or the whole WS) has less to do with theier starting pitching and more to do with how lucky they are (bloop hits, fly balls that stay in the park, streakiness of hitters)

That goes for every team, some have a better chance to win than others (Stl>Chicago>SD etc) but when 'good' teams play a short series, variance rules supreme.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky? That's ridiculous. Absolutely pathetic. You seemed smarter than this. Bloop hits? Don't comment on things you don't know about.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and the best bullpen in the AL

[/ QUOTE ]

The White Sox don't even have the best pen in the division.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Yes they do.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky? That's ridiculous. Absolutely pathetic. You seemed smarter than this. Bloop hits? Don't comment on things you don't know about.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think variance plays a huge part in the playoffs? Since you are so convinced that the White Sox have not gotten very lucky throughout the whole season, lets place a bet on whether they will even win a series. I think they will not win a series in the post season; whether they play Boston, Anaheim, New York Yankees, or Oakland in the first round. You name the amount. I will do anything $150 or less. And at this point I will do even money. But, the longer we wait, the less likely I will be willing to do this (because the longer the season goes on, the more likely it will be they will be a favorite..unless they play Boston or NYY..then they will be dogs..with or without the HFA).

craig
Old 08-26-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think variance plays a huge part in the playoffs? Since you are so convinced that the White Sox have not gotten very lucky throughout the whole season, lets place a bet on whether they will even win a series. I think they will not win a series in the post season; whether they play Boston, Anaheim, New York Yankees, or Oakland in the first round. You name the amount. I will do anything $150 or less. And at this point I will do even money. But, the longer we wait, the less likely I will be willing to do this (because the longer the season goes on, the more likely it will be they will be a favorite..unless they play Boston or NYY..then they will be dogs..with or without the HFA).

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i have had this clown on ignore since jump street. nice to see he's as retarded as i thought.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course, variance plays a huge part of the playoffs, as evidenced by the fact that wild card teams have won the Series for what...the last 3 years? I just have a hard time believing that a team that has won 77 games, has the best record in the AL by 5 1/2 games, and until just this past week had the best record in baseball isn't good -- they're just lucky. That's B.S. In my opinion it comes from "experts" that are having a hard time explaining why their predictions aren't being realized and fans that are having a hard time figuring out why their teams aren't running away with it.

I'm not betting -- as a Chicago White Sox fan, I've been conditioned to be disappointed for my entire life. I was disappointed in what sublime wrote because up until this point I actually thought he knew what he was talking about. But he pulled "lucky" and " bloop hits" out of his ass like he knew, and it's just not true. The Sox haven't won many games they haven't deserved to win -- that's not lucky. In yesterday's game against the Twins there wasn't much doubt they were going to win that game in the 10th -- they scorched just about every ball Crain through in the 9th and 10th -- not a bloop in the bunch.

I don't know if they're going to win or not -- I do know they're built to be successful in the postseason, and they have a greater chance of doing something in the Playoffs than any year since 1983. If they don't make it to the series I'm going to be disappointed, but not because it just proves they were lucky to get there. Because I think they're good enough to win.

The fact that nobody is giving them any respect is nothing short of a joke. There isn't a team in the AL that has them overmatched. Period.

They have the best record in the AL, and it's not even close. And that's because they're good -- not lucky.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i have had this clown on ignore since jump street. nice to see he's as retarded as i thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice -- once you've realized you're way over your skis, and you have absolutely no point to make, go ahead and get personal with some insults. That's the M.O., right?

What you said was wrong, and had zero basis on fact whatsoever. I pointed it out, and I'm retarded?